some advice please about credit agreement with great universal

smurfet34

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A bit of a long one here so bare with me please.

I have great universal and had some problems a few years ago with payments, i was handed over to the arrears department and then on to a company call nationwide debt recovery, They said they could reduce my payments to a lower rate. Which i though was great. Found out i was charged an extra £200 for this privalige.

Anyways fell behind on payments once on this and have had no end of trouble since. They won't agree a repayment because i defaulted on the other one? And have since charged me admistration charges every month since, no mater how much i pay back.

Nationwide debt recovery are rude, hard to deal with and said they would hand me over to another debt agencie, i think this is great at least i can make arrangements to pay.

Anyways asked for my signed copy off them and this is the letter they sent

Thank you for your letter, Unfortunately we are unable to locate a copy of you executed agreement, but for your information we enclose a copy of the current agreement which applies to this type of account. This version includes all contractual variations which have taken place.

According to our records, the account was opended on the 18th November 2001, you agreed to make payments at the rate of 1/20th of the outstanding balance, every 28 days.

I do not agree with the amount i owe on this letter or the total prepayments they have recieved.

It then goes on to say

Please confirm that liabillty for this debt is not disputed. We await your proposals for payment.

What should i do now?? any help and info would be appreciated. Sorry for it being so long.