Got towed AND fined

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, at 8pm last night I parked my car in a taxi rank that is not used by taxi's at that time of night (they use a 2nd taxi rank built for them which is 10 metres away)

people have been parking in this location for a long long time and I know that it makes no difference but there are no single/double yellow lines and its not causing an obstruction to any vehicles.

So anyway 200 yards down the road is a sign "towing area" as I had parked at the very begining of the taxi area and was walking in the other direction I had no hope in seeing this sign as it was the size of a crisp packet on a tall post with no lighting and it was dark.

So anyway - the car got towed. fine. I paid the fine of £105 with no questions. I get to the car and there is a lovely little parking ticket on the car windscreen saying "causing obstruction to taxi rank"

now since taxi's dont use this area for a taxi rank at this time of the day I dont class it as a taxi rank, more so since it has NEVER been used as a taxi rank at that time of day, as it is only used until 6pm as shops close. Infact the only reason why general public dont park there I believe is because of the towing.

so now I guess the police think Im going to pay £30 ontop of the £105 I have already paid? a double charge? £135 upfront parking fine for not causing an obstruction to anything but air.

What can I do any advice?

many thanks

steve

Preliminary Letter Sent: 14/09/2006

Letter Before action sent: 05/10/2006

Recieved Response: 05/11/2006

MCOL filled and saved (saving money to proceed) 02/12/2006

Recieved 1st Settlement offer

Hi there

it would help to know what area of the country you got the ticket,and also a few details on the ticket itself would be helpful

regards

paul

hi, got it in swansea - wales last night, what details off the ticket do you need?

the ticket says "obstructing taxi rank" even though the taxi's dont use the area at that time of night :S they use the road opposite.

ok well just had a quick nose around and it appears that Swansea aren't using decriminalized parking enforcement

so i assume that the ticket you received was a police parking ticket?

it would ultimatley come down to the restrictions in force being applied correctly and the signs and lines being lawful, if they are then you are up the creek without a paddle im afraid

i will do some digging on the TSRGD 2002 to see what the restrictions and lines and signs should be on a rank

there was no lines, the only sign was half way into the street (I was parked on the begining) and it said "towing area" with a number to call

didnt mind the tow with the £105 charge, but I dont see why I should pay that and then pay a 2nd charge of £30? surely double charging is just trying to get more money?