• Tweets

• Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
    • thank you you mean you got a notice of discontinuance? dx  
    • Thanks for your interest dx100. Didn’t reach a hearing. Although they filed court papers, they withdrew a few days beforehand, and admitted it was statute barred and I have it in writing that they say the matter is now closed. Once again, many thanks for all your help.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

info: CCCS PAYPLAN experiences

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Payplan have been great as far as my debt is concerned I have £26,000 over 5 lenders all sorted out with one managable payment. All the interest has been frozen to, which does make me laugh as I did ask 3 of the lenders for a consolidation loan with roughly the same monthly payments as I make now and they all refused so I get debt free sooner and they get less of my money! :)

Got turned down by Both companies.

Because my free cash was less than £100.00 payplan didn't want to know.

When I gave revised figures to CCCS, also below £100.00 they also did not want to help me.

CCCS were 'kind' enough to send me a pack of letters and their I&E sheet with suggested Pro rata payments. then sent me on my merry way with a suggestion to call back if my cash flow is any better.

Now if they weren't willing to take me on due to the low sum for any particular reason - perhaps they thought that creditors would not play ball. Then how would they expect lowly old me with no backing at all (apart from this very informative and helpful site (due to me finding this site things, at the moment don't look so grim) supposed to persuade them.

But at least CCCS were a little helpful in that respect.

Payplan didn't even ask for a full expenditure sheet. they asked income, and council Tax. then that was it, sorry guv you're not affluent enough (filled the rest in according to government guidelines (did not divulge what these were)). so I don't even know what free cash they have me down for.

Payplan suggested I remortgage for an even higher mortgage and get into even more debt. which is all well and good for a quick fix, but then i'd be just as bad off, because i'd have a bigger debt with a bigger danger of losing my house altogether if I couldn't keep up the bigger payments.

Any way thats by the by.

Sharpman.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well def do not remortgage to secure unsecured debts!!!

I assume you have CCAed the debts to check they are all enforceable? Have any gone to CCJ yet?

You are in the right place to get help right here anyway...This is not our jobs that's all...

Yeah, started the process.

Sent them off after I contacted CCCS a week or so ago.

Had the usual default letters from the DCAs.

Sent my offers of Pro Rata for the duration upto the 12th day to confirm CCA posession.

I've had to hold fire on NATIONWIDE Credit Card and Overdraft as I've just opened a basic account but don't have a card to draw out yet. (just got a letter to advise me another load of interest and charges being applied.):(

Currently going thru process of contacting relevant people to change details over. ie all the ones who are paying in .:)

it's a waiting game now.

Sharpman.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Each company has slightly different policies... however, IMHO I think although CCCS and PayPlan may accept different people, their level of service is roughly the same.

Got turned down by Both companies.

Because my free cash was less than £100.00 payplan didn't want to know.

When I gave revised figures to CCCS, also below £100.00 they also did not want to help me.

IIRC, The citizens advice bureau will do DMPs for people with under £100 disposable; worth contacting them.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

How much is the debt?

Combined Unsecured debt of a little over £20,886

comprising credit cards, overdraft, and Catalogue. :(

My original free cash figure was £174.00 but I gave the wron figure for my take home pay.(gave a figure that included Overtime that is not guaranteed)

which made my figure a little shy of £90.00 free

This is when CCCS baulked on me. :mad:

Sharpman.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was paying the CCCs £250p/m until my wife lost her job. She now earns less in her new job and the income review suggested that we too could only pay £90 and they would'nt normally act for clients for less than £100. they could'nt have been more helpful in that they swapped a few figures around and made it fit really........Just making the £100 limit. And will continue for a year then review.

The only complaint I would have with them is that they will not stop payments to disputed accounts.

My DH phoned CCCS when he first got into trouble with repayments after taking a personal loan out with HSBC joint account without my permission. CCCS would not take put him on a DMP because he only had about £30.00 excess funds after essential expenditure. During his phoned interview the counsellor suggested putting our house up for sale although there isnt a great deal of equity in it. They then suggested that I put my excess income into the pot and basically default on my credit cards so that everyone of the debts would get something. At the moment I am CCAing all of my DHs creditors just to give a bit of breathing space. I will then think seriously about a DMP plan but possibly trying it on my own first.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Payplan and CCCS both have a minimum threshold of £100 for surplus income. CCCS do have a 'low-start' DMP available which can start from £50/month but you would have to be able to up your payments to £100 within the first 6-12 months.

For folks that don't have the £100 surplus you could liase with your creditors yourself although I appreciate it can be an uphill struggle. If you wish to enlist the help of a CAB PLEASE make sure you seek an appointment with a trained 'Money Adviser' as the lay advisers (as much as they do a fine job) do not have the specific training to assist you.

You can find a great deal of help, budget sheets, sample letters and a great self-help guide at National Debtline, for FREE CONFIDENTIAL and INDEPENDENT ADVICE call 0808 808 4000

Payplan and CCCS both have a minimum threshold of £100 for surplus income. CCCS do have a 'low-start' DMP available which can start from £50/month but you would have to be able to up your payments to £100 within the first 6-12 months.

For folks that don't have the £100 surplus you could liase with your creditors yourself although I appreciate it can be an uphill struggle. If you wish to enlist the help of a CAB PLEASE make sure you seek an appointment with a trained 'Money Adviser' as the lay advisers (as much as they do a fine job) do not have the specific training to assist you.

You can find a great deal of help, budget sheets, sample letters and a great self-help guide at National Debtline, for FREE CONFIDENTIAL and INDEPENDENT ADVICE call 0808 808 4000

Thanks for the info

I was not made aware of this by either payplan or CCCS. That was not even put to me.

At the moment I'm at the CCA/pro rata stage. fingers crossed. The info on this site has been a great boost to me. it shows that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The debt problems we have been having have hit my OH hardest of all. She blames her self for a lot of it. but I keep telling her that that's not true as we both have debts within the combined figure.

But this site has eased her mind a little.

Sharpman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm glad this site has been of help. You're in good company here. If you have any concerns or queries just shout. As well as as site helper on here I'm a debt counsellor in the day job so am in a reasonable position to assist you if anything crops up.

Best wishes!

• Haha 1

I'm glad this site has been of help. You're in good company here. If you have any concerns or queries just shout. As well as as site helper on here I'm a debt counsellor in the day job so am in a reasonable position to assist you if anything crops up.

Best wishes!

Thanks peeps,:-)

I'll bear that in mind if things get a little sticky.

Sharpman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The thing to remember abut both Payplan and CCCS is that their function is to negotiate repayment. They have no interest in whether or not the creditor or DCA has a right to collect, or even if the debt exists at all. So, before approaching them for a DMP, make sure you've done any necessary CCA requests and put in a claim for any penalty charges.

Just thought I'd post my experience if it's of any use.

I approached PayPlan 2 yrs ago £36k unsecured & no home or full time employment.

They were great 1st people I spoke to who didn't just treat me a lowlife.

They accepted my £95 and have done for 2 yrs.

Now I have found CAG I have started taking control, I have started sending off CCA requests etc.

One of my creditors has 'admitted' no paperwork, whilst I now pursue this, I asked PayPlan to stop paying that creditor (explained what I was doing etc.) and they have agreed and asked me to keep them informed about the others.

So no, they are not interested in the hard work of proving debts etc. that's not what they do, but they did provide me with breathing space for nearly 2yrs handling 11 creditors & keeping them, all at bay.

BTW I had tried negotiations with the creditors before approaching PP but they were just not interested :x

gh

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

We have £69000 of unsecured debt and are in a DMP with CCCS. The debt was £84000 but its coming down as you can see.

Initially we paid £105 per month but this is now £418, distributed amongst 12 creditors.

We really appreciate the way CCCS took the pressure off as OH and I were just about suicidal over trying to cope with the creditors.

With the help of CAG we reclaimed bank charges last year. We are now going to start sending off CCA requests having read the info on these forums for a few weeks.

CCCS gave us a welcome breathing space and allowed us to gather our reserves for the next part of the battle.

The only problem I can identify is, it is very hard to get through on the phone as its so busy but any email query is answered within 48hrs which is fine.

Hi, I'm with Payplan and have been now since about 2005.

They really helped me out and were very reassuring. During the setting up process and the settling in stage I was handled by an advisor here in England, but as things are now just ticking away, I have been passed to an advisor in another country who doesn't understand my accent, and I don't understand theirs.

I recently wasn't able to make a payment via their phonelines as the foreigh advisors dont have switch machines - now I use the website which is just up and running.

I have also been advised to clear my debt when I remortgage!!!! Which according to a lot of users on here is a big no no!

I also requested full and final settlement figures (in case I did remortgage) and payplan said if I couldn't raise 80% then it wasn't worth me doing it.

They said that I shouldn't pay off just one creditor if I got a lump sum together as the others would find out and go after me for the money!

I had considered asking some creditors if they would accept about 50-60% but after reading threads on here, and looking at template letters, the amount to start at is a really low percentage and 50% is what I should work up to.

I was wondering if I am able to send off CCA requests like the above two posters have done, but am scared it will invalidate my DMP. Can anyone confirm this please?

Halifax CCA letter sent 3 May

2 x CL Finance letters sent 3 May

Halifax and CL letters received 6 May

Halifax responded with valid CCA, but need to query default

CL Finance failed to provide CCA by 2 July - letter sent

I have now received all the paperwork from CCCS for a joint debt management plan. However, to keep creditors at bay, I had CCAd/SARd everyone. As only 3 have replied with the correct paperwork, should I contact CCCS and advise them that I want to delay going on the DMP until such times as these companies have come up with the information I have requested ? Should I even mention to CCCS that I am pursuing these companies to prove the enforceability of the debts ?.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Payplan just refused point blank to handle my case for a DMP because it was for under 8000. I'm definitely starting to think these organisations do little for those with little disposable income (who likely were never able to borrow anything close to that amount in the first place).

Payplan just refused point blank to handle my case for a DMP because it was for under 8000. I'm definitely starting to think these organisations do little for those with little disposable income (who likely were never able to borrow anything close to that amount in the first place).

Try CCCS, they usually go down to £5k.

hi,

Heres one for the legal beagels

I approached CCCS with regards to going on a DMP. After consultation they put me in touch with a Mortgage company to remortgage to consolodate my current secured mortgage/loan - as it happens this will be a bonus as my mortgage payments will be reduced by a couple of hundred.

Now whilst having the consultation with CCCS they were telling me what I was entitled to have as outgoings according to government guidelines. The figures The counsellor came out with were considerably less than what the government says i should have ( especialy in regards to housekeeping/food etc (2 adults, 2 kids )

Was advised to reduce my housekeeping. don't let my kids have school meals (send in with packed lunch - but still have to find this extra from a reduced figure)(hope that makes sense.)

Any way to cut a long story short ......

My free cash ended up being £74.00 (managed to get it upto £86.00)

My counsellor told me that due to the small sum available thay would not be able to take my case on. They sent me a pack with letter templates to send out to my creditors so I could take them on my self.

-------

Here's the question I have

I have now found out that the CCCS have been having discussions about my financial situation with the mortgage company that they put me in touch with. There has been no information passed to me about this from CCCS.

I was under the impression that the CCCS discuss your situation in confidence.

I'm now worried that the Mortgage company will divulge any figures that come as a result of me taking out the remortgage.

The savings I make will be used to take out Life insurance, House/contents insurance etc.

Get the correct government guide lines entitlements etc.

Any one know how I can approach both sides without jepordising the remortgage.?

Sharpman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I contacted the CCCS when i got into financial problems because of my separation and then divorce. I found them to be unhelpful, and they kept duplicating accounts, when there was only one. And when i was served with a ccj from one of the creditors i was paying, through the CCS,they didnt tell me i could defend my case and i ended up with a ccj. They also advised me to go bankrupt which i didnt want to do. So i took it all on by myself, and did a far better job.

Hello,

I was with Payplan in 2004 and 2005. They were very useful as they helped me take control of my debts and make payments towards them. I stopped my Payplan arrangement in the Middle of 2005 and made direct arrangements with all my creditors at the time (11 in total). I felt confident enough to management my debt problem on my own. I am now down to four debts and have been managing payments fine by myself thanks to Payplan showing me the way. I will be debt free in September this year. £24000 of debt to £0. I am so glad I decided to pay it off and not take bankruptcy or an IVA. It also feels like a big achievement.

The only problem I had with Payplan was due to a DCA not informing them the account was being collected by another company.

I had to file a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and then get the money I paid back from the DCA Suspense account.

Payplan are a really good idea, especially when you are in debt and unsure what to do.

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170