Don't rely on Norwich Union

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

What has happened to Norwich Union in the last couple of years? I took out several policies with the old Commercial Union many years ago and of course they are now NU. My endowment policy seems to be going backwards even though its a 'safe' with profits policy. My AVC (remember them) is stationary (again with profits).

I had to claim on my income protection policy 5 years ago and their service and level of care was brilliant. They agree that I am unfit to resume my profession. In December (merry Xmas NU) they credited my account with £600 'to get some therapy' and then cancelled the claim.

I have appealed their decision twice and I have now appealed to the Ombudsman.

Have things changed at NU in the last couple of years for them to risk their good name?

To any prospective customers of Norwich Union I would be suggesting a barge pole and not touching them.

The endowment was a small 20 year investment that was never linked to a mortgage, it did well for 10 years or so but next to nothing of late.

The IPP was based on me being too ill to be a teacher. However I had to see another shrink after 5 years of the claim. NU decided if I was to have some therapy I could do some home tuition. So they just put £600 into my account, told me to arrange it and stopped the claim.

I work full time as a driver at the moment but the money is a lot less than a teacher. Even with private tuition I would be earning far less and having a 60 hour week.

My argument is that there is no certainty that therapy would work when I have had tons of it in the past. Further private tuition in the evenings is not comparable to being a classroom teacher. They concede I am not fit to be a teacher.

It is with the FSO now.

Norwich Union have changed in the last few years. I used to have motor insurance and health insurance with them but the premiums became sky high.

• 2 months later...

When I was young my Dad told me, that you dont trust eatate agents, banks, solicitors, accountants and all the rest of those people who take 15% off you before you get your money.

Now 55 years later I see no reason to doubt what my dad told me.

As Tonto said to the Lone Ranger.

" They Speak with forked tongue.. "