The worst way spoken to by a DCA....

mr.ton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if those on 'DLA' would be happy if they didnt get their money off the state because the state 'misplaced' their application form? I think we all know...

Personally, I take great offence at your comment about people on DLA. Have you any idea how hard it is to qualify for this particular benefit? No, I thought not.

I'd rather have my health back and not be disabled and long term ill thank you very much. The only reason I can attend university is because I qualify for DSA (Disabled Students Allowance) and have a full time support worker and other arrangements to accomadate my disabilities. I'm studying for a degree to better myself so I won't have to rely on meager, almost impossible to qualify for benefits.

When the DCAs mentioned in my previous post were abusing me, I had to resort to serious complaints to Trading Standards to get them off my back and using such tactics. All of them apologised at once and denied ever knowing how serious my conditions were even though I'd told them countless times over a period of about a year. TS asked them all for their phone recordings and/or transcripts and all of them said they did not have any :confused: I wonder why? Probably because if they did keep them and a judge got hold of them they'd be in DEEP s**t!!! :mad:

Now, I suggest you go away and think before uttering another word on here about people you know absolutely nothing about :razz:

• Haha 1

Mr Sensible evinces the familiar moral argument so beloved of DCAs who are unable to produce agreements.

Whilst their may be a moral duty on individuals to repay debts, there is a legal responsibility on creditors and DCAs to comply with the law. I suggest that there is also a moral duty on them to act properly at all times. Individuals should have a reasonable expectation that they will do so.

A creditor with whom I dealt suggested to me that my military background should have made my moral responsibility to pay them (in the admitted absence of an enforceable agreement) clear. I pointed out a few of the lessons I learned in conflict areas (I have also worked for the UN as well as the military):

- money is only paper, and wealth is relative. In the Bosnian winter, the rich man was the one with a decent coat and warm boots

- whilst being shot at, stoned or shelled, survival is usually one's primary aim. So it is with debt. However, whilst one may put oneself in the firing line to save another, one does not do so simply to benefit the enemy, or because the enemy tells you to do it

- even in war, the banks can be relied upon to put their profits first

- dictators are always convinced not only that they are right, but that the usual standards don't apply to them

I agree i'm also on DLA and would welcome my health back and to be the person I used to be bringing in a decent wage and enjoying doing so. The DLA is very hard to get and I dont need to tell previous poster that being told to give your care componant to pay more to old accounts which they have never given proof of existing, is disgusting:mad: When I said I had nothing of value other than mobility scooter in house, they even told me to sell it because they would take it any way. Now I know they cant do it, its just the insult of them making my illness worse by me being stressed into thinking its the end of the line. I'll be honest, if I didnt have my kids I would have ended it years ago, sounds extreme, but thats the extent of what the phonecalls with threats did to me. I have problems actually leaving the house in the first place as well due to being conscious of people noticing when I am ill and the embaressment of it and I feel these Leeches have made me worse.

They intimidate us into thinking were more vulnerable on low incomes and encourage us into thinking they can take these hard awarded benefits, when actually forums like this, make us realise we have protection that they obviously would be out of business if we all knew about them.

Being naughty, I know where i'd like to put my old broken scooter, but i'll stick to the recycle yard:rolleyes:

Oh well, how many can work this cryptic clue out, TVM Ram.....

Well done ODC, you guessed!!!!

Mr Sensible or should it have been the telephonists dream, Captain Sensible "Happy talk"?

Bless, why you frequent this forum is beyond me, I do not for a minute believe that some-one who is non-DCA related would lead such a sad existance that they would have to stand up for DCA's. If you are one of those sad people then at least you too share the ignorance of laws so frequently identified on here.

To OP, looks like you got hijacked by Mr busybody. The worst is the DCA identifying themselves not realising that you already know as you can see their number(s).

Well spotted Activ and ODC! I had a sense of deja vu reading his posts as well.

So there you go. Troll-talk, not much of anything really is it?

Mr Ton, your thread's still here :)

We have never allowed a DCA near our phone number apart from one time with 1st Credit. It was shocking. We changed our number. They didn't have a CCA, couldn't get one, and the SAR we requested from them omitted the phone call details deliberately. If it hadn't happened, we'd never have found out about the 'debt' and they'd still be paid through our old Payplan DMP.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

I really feel for you babybear because these dca's then deny all said, so I started to record conversations and warned them in advance in writing. I let them do their usual one month and then said should you talk to me like that, she said prove it, I said its on tape, and the abuse abruptly stopped and she passed me to a supervisor. To be fair that firm have obviously put note on account and only now write. But i'll be honest I wish i'd gone bankrupt years ago as advised by cab, these dca's terrified me into thinking I was one stop from debtors prison as they say and I was advised to carry on paying as I was then called a good payer. It would have all gone now years ago but for their selfish advice, which I believed. Funny thing is they have never replied to one letter and never proved the so called accounts, I just plodded on as a result.

DCA are NOT allowed to touch DLA money are advise you sell anything that DLA supplies you for your health.

The reason they think they can ask you to sell the car is they think you own the car but they idiots DCA dont realies that DLA take your benefit money for x amount of years to cover the costs of this car.

Also DLA is not classed as a benefit for only the sick unable to work as you can claim it when you are working as it is to help you with your disability.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thanks loopinlouie :) I feel for you too *hugs*

Yes, The Godmother, I was advised of this to my great relief...

Luckily, I didn't fall for their lies, found this place just in time and got some excellent help from TS, here and 2 charities. In under 6 years my credit file will be clean and I'm holding my head up high already knowing that if the ***** hadn't pushed me so hard I wouldn't have had the guts to sort the situation out in the way that I did. I too, like you, felt on the edge but the fighter inside chose to come out and not give in ;)

*BB blushes at not recognising the troll* Fine investigative journalist I'm going to make lol...With practice :)

Then Maybe you should Investigate 'mr sensible' lol

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Mr Sensible. You maintain you're not a troll yet I've noticed that you have deftly avoided commenting on the fact that DCAs can, and often do go after the wrong person for a debt.

I'm now on the second round of having this happen to me and the forum is littered with stories from other people who've been hassled by these DCAs for debts which aren't theirs.

You say being chased by these DCAs is no worse than being abused by the yob on the street. Well I don't take abuse from yobs either. Although only a 5'2 female I can tell you that the last yob who hurled abuse at me in the street ended up on the floor with my heel ground into his privates and my 160lb Mastiff standing over him full of big teeth and slobber.

So if you truly live up to your name Mr Sensible, you tell me what regulations, morals or ethics can excuse a DCA bombarding the wrong person with court threats, unlawful threats to remove goods and abuse on the phone AFTER they've been told they have the wrong person. What excuses them demanding that I prove I am the wrong person (it's impossible to prove a negative...how on earth does one prove one didn't take out a loan, a credit card etc?) when the law states clearly it's up to them to prove I'm the right person? What excuses a DCA doing unauthorised searches on my credit file for a debt I've never owed?

Come on Mr Sensible, you seem to be very good at tripping out the same tired lines about people paying their debts so I'd really love to see what you say about people who are subjected to these DCA campaigns when they DON'T owe anything.

My partner was once told by a DCA that they would come round and kick her door down and take whatever they want... when she said they were not allowed he just laughed at her and said well do wahtever we like...

A quick word off the local police would have soon took the smug laughter away :mad:

So if you truly live up to your name Mr Sensible, you tell me what regulations, morals or ethics can excuse a DCA bombarding the wrong person with court threats, unlawful threats to remove goods and abuse on the phone AFTER they've been told they have the wrong person.

Weather they have the right person or not is of no concern whatsoever to the DCA's...if they can get some vunerable sod to pay up who is not aware of their rights, then they wont lose a winks sleep over that :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Welshwoofs you sound like a fun person to meet in a dark allyway.

I total agree over the DCA chasing the wrong person thing.

A well known DCA has been sending letters to my house for someone that has never lived here AFAIK as l have been here nearly 3 years and the previous tenants over 10 years.

They have completly ignored the fact that all mail have been returned and ignored my requests for them to stop phoning the house phone. The number was changed when we applied for the line for good reasons. I then rechanged the number and they still kept phoning, after changing supplier l still was getting calls and as a result of them and another company l had to have the phone line cut off due to the constant harassement. It was that bad sometimes that l would not be able to use my phone line once a week as they would be ringing from 7.30 am to about 11pm.

I would aslo be left abusive phone messages when they could not get threw to me saying stuff like you cant be bothered to pay us but you can us a the phone. This is the clean and non abusive side of what they would say.

I done all that b4 l found this site so l have lost out in a way but no l just make companys ring me as it costs them more.

Chrissi

To add a little something about DCA's chasing the wrong person for a debt. i have been chased by Lowells for a credit card i've never had...when letter first turned up it was someone else's name on it...then when i informed them they told me they was sorry..after i recieved another letter same debt but with my name on it...basically they just swapped names...then the theatning letters started then the phone calls.....once they phoned me and told me I should pay it up anyway as they could have me for pretending to be someone else and i would be sent to prison :o I said no you can't. they said they could and they'd put it through a court who's judge used to be a DCA manager....complete utter rubbish.

once they phoned me and told me I should pay it up anyway as they could have me for pretending to be someone else and i would be sent to prison :o I said no you can't. they said they could and they'd put it through a court who's judge used to be a DCA manager....complete utter rubbish.

So now they think of themselves as a police force & court service now do they? :D

Nothing but nothing surprises me with this shower. The blatant falsehoods that they spout regularly is totally amazing. Of course we may all be wrong and none of the things that posters allege to have been said to them by this company's employees may actually have been said.

Whoops there goes another flying pig.

once they phoned me and told me I should pay it up anyway as they could have me for pretending to be someone else and i would be sent to prison :o I said no you can't. they said they could and they'd put it through a court who's judge used to be a DCA manager....complete utter rubbish.

"You are not obliged to say anything that may harm ur defence and anything u do say will be used against u in a court of law"

How long before the DCA's start using that do you reckon? :D

It's OK, MH told me that i'd committed a criminal offence last March, so they obviously are already way ahead of us in their fantasies of legal powers.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.