Replacing Laptop Under Warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At the end of October 2007 I bought a Toshiba laptop from Currys. On 13 December the letter R came loose from the keyboard. I rang Currys and a repair man came and took the computer away, 'repaired' it and the laptop was returned 10 days later.

However, today, the same letter dropped off again so obviously there is a problem. I think this problem will recur as there seems to be nothing to attach this letter to unless it is glued which doesn't seem to work.

Am I entitled to a new laptop as I am sure this problem will happen again? If I accept another repair how will this affect my claim for the future-if the same thing happens again after warranty expires?

I think that they will be able to replace the keyboard, which after all, is the only problem with it, isnt it? take it back to them and ask them to replace the keyboard. It is a fiddly job and best left to the experts

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

While I'm sure Lula is right, my approach would be to return the machine and say you want a new one. For it to fail in under 2 months is not too bad but you were left without the machine for 10 days and the "repair" has now failed.

I'd reject the puter on the basis that it is not fit for purpose, demand a replacement or your money back.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Not to me, it doesn't but I'm sure the Manager (which is who you'll INSIST on dealing with) may think differently.

They'll do all they can to avoid taking back the old puter and replacing it or refunding but that is how I would concentrate my efforts at this stage.

Lula's new keyboard would surely fix the problem but I'd only compromise AFTER exhausting my 1st and 2nd options.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks, I'm off to Currys tomorrow- I'm not looking forward to it but I just know this will happen again if it's repaired. I'd have the new keyboard as it's a real pain once you are used to something but just don't know if they'll fob me off saying it's new when in fact it's just been glued again. Reading about Currys on this site doesn't fill me with hope as they seem to have a 'see you in court' attitude.

Anyway, will post if I get a result or will be asking for more help if I don't get any joy. Thanks