Claiming back interest on already paid debts, how can I?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

As I already stated in this thread I had (before finding this site and knowing my rights) paid off some debts to DCA's. Now, I need to check this stuff but I'm fairly sure a lot of these had increased the payments with interest.

Can I get this back? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks,

A.

Guest louis wu

Hello,

A SAR's request, specifically aimed at payments and statements would be the way to start this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

It wll need adjusting to your needs, but it's easily done.

They have 40 days to reply. In the meantime, try to get organisaed with any paperwork you may have. Create a file and get everything in daye order, it will make cross referencing easier later.

Once you have all statements etc, you will be able to see charges and interest etc, and then be in a position to discuss this further.

Good luck

louis

Hello,

A S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s request, specifically aimed at payments and statements would be the way to start this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

It wll need adjusting to your needs, but it's easily done.

They have 40 days to reply. In the meantime, try to get organisaed with any paperwork you may have. Create a file and get everything in daye order, it will make cross referencing easier later.

Once you have all statements etc, you will be able to see charges and interest etc, and then be in a position to discuss this further.

Good luck

louis

These wouldn't be statements (bank or otherwise). These would be letters from various DCA's demanding payments, etc. with them adding more and more and more, etc.

A.

Guest louis wu

Archangel, I think you've missed the point.

If you send a SAR's request, you can ask for details of all your dealings, this will include payments made, and interest added.

Once you have that, you can see if interest has been added, and what it's been added for. At this point you can see where you are and what options are available to you.

louis

Archangel, I think you've missed the point.

If you send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s request, you can ask for details of all your dealings, this will include payments made, and interest added.

So, I would be allowed to do this at any time, even after the account has been "satisfied" for a while? i.e. over 1 year?

Once you have that, you can see if interest has been added, and what it's been added for. At this point you can see where you are and what options are available to you.

louis

OK,

A.

Guest louis wu
So, I would be allowed to do this at any time, even after the account has been "satisfied" for a while? i.e. over 1 year?

A.

Anything up to 6 years

louis