style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

doing this for a friend. She went out of business nearly 3 years ago and went to an IVA consultancy. Basically they took the money left over for the creditors, £75,000, and have had that money ever since and the IVA is still not sorted out. She had to get all her statements from bank but that took nearly 9 months, even with doing the DPA etc. Finally got all the statements and the IVA people said she had to get the accounts done up from the statements and hen pay for that and an accountant to sign them off out of her own pocket!

My questions are these:

1: should she have had to chase the statements herself?

2: should she have had to pay accountants to then do up the books? (surely IVA consultants being regulated by the Institue of Chartered Accountants should have done this)

3: what happens to the interest on her £75000 over nearly 3 years??

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Can give more info should anyone need it.

Thanks in advance

It's hard to know, because we can't see the contract. i would tend to suggest getting a appointement with a soliciter via the citizens advice bureau as a decent start.

Even a ten minute appointment would probably help you a lot.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.