Equita - Council Tax/Congestion Charges

nikkinoo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am very new to this site and only came across it when i did a search on equita.

I am having mega problems with Equita, last year i paid nearly £5k for unpaid congestion charges and council tax. They have hounded me on a monthly basis.

I once got sick and tired of waking up to find them outside clamping my car before knocking on my door, they shouldnt clamp me until i refuse to pay but they did anyway which cost me an extra £150 on top, i was told to pay £565 there and then otherwise the car would be towed! This has happened so many times, anyway i paid what i thougt was my last charge. The month before i was clapmed for outstanding charges and my mum called and paid all of them off!

Anyway i found out i had more charges but i dont know why, they seem to have dates and times that i dont remember, nor had a letter about.

End of november i had a bailiff come for council tax, i had an arrangement with equita to pay £150 a month, but he said i agreed £150 a week!! I said how can i agree to pay that when i cant afford it, he said he didnt know and wanted over £800 off me there and then, i was distraught 1 mth before xmas, im a single mum of 2 kids!! I shut the door and cried my eyes out i was so annoyed at this, equita make blunders all the time!

I eventually opened the door to him and said i could give him 400 if that was ok, it was my rent money so not only did i have to pay them i was short for my rent, so the stress was intense. He said he would call after xmas to collect the rest, i thanked him because other bailiffs do not move until u pay all of it.

Anyway its now after xmas and i called the office and to make a payment so he didnt have to call to my house again and charge me, i wanted to pay the other 400 plus 300 from my council tax. But they told me i now owe 900 in new traffic charges plus over 400 for my councial tax and 500 for outstanding ticket, i couldnt belive it! i contacted the bailiff and said how much do i owe he said u owe 800 and something and i said ok but where has the 900 come from and he said he didnt know, he said it could be from another car or someone who has the same name, so i have been paying someone elses charges!!! anyway he said he would go back to the office to find out and call me back, well he didnt call back at least 4 days later. I lost my phone saturday so it was off until today, i now have aletter demanding payment!!

Im a single mum living in london with 2 kids!!! what am i suppose to do???

Im not sleeping anymore, i worry. Every morning i wake up really early and if i hear a van i jump out of bed. Its too much.

Have you actually got any proof of what you do owe?

Like paperwork and stuff.

I think it is time you asked them for some proof of what you owe, and proof that any charges they have applied were legal. It doesn't sound like it to me.

You should not be opening the door to them unless you have already let them in, and have signed a Walking Possession Agreement.

Can you not park the car somewhere else?

At the very least send a SAR and get some facts, because all that seems to be happening is that you are being charged whatever the bailiff thinks he can get away with charging.