Jobsworth Traffic Warden?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would just like to say thanks to you everyone for the help, criticism and desctructive comments, afterall, that's my I posted in the first place ;). I am in unchartered territory here and the help/guidance is the thing I'm appreciating.

Here is the PCN I got issued minus the Car's ID and Issue number...

PCN.jpg

If I have no leg to stand on, that is all I really need to hear. If I have got a case, please let me know.

Please bear in mind my original post with reference to the times. I left my house around 9:15am and was then on the phone to the council by 9:32am (from home!). It's not like I was causing an obstruction for every man and his motor in the One-Way, 2 Lane street (where everyone parks/waits for there friends/family members to return from the jobcentre). If the Traffic Warden was a little fairer and waited s few minutes, the car would have been gone, tucked up safely on my drive.

Still unsure as to what to do about this at the moment. I have rang them up and they told me, if I wish to 'challenge' the PCN email in. Which I have but am yet to hear anything.

Are they going to make sure it goes over the 14 days before replying just to make sure that if my challenge is unsuccessful they WILL charge me the £60?

'You are required to pay' is a no-no isn't it? Prejudicial...

Also no payment details, and rear of the PCN is only referenced on the 'tear-off slip' which isn't part of the PCN.

Full of holes. Don't pay. :)

'Payment details' do exist.

'By post to address below'...

Barleylands Depot address.

PCN is above, I just doctored it for posting here... As well as my License plate.

No. that specifically states that that address is for queries.

There is another address below the 'by post' statement - that for personal payments.

Confusing enough to be prejudicial perhaps...?

Today is day 12.

I am seriously thinking about paying this off tomorrow to make sure I dont have to pay it at the higher price of £60.

Should I? or should I wait til I get a reply from them about my challenge?

If you want to throw £30 away, go right ahead.

You can make an informal appeal if you wish, but the Council is under no obligation to respond to it. They will likely reject and send the NTO as described overleaf on the PCN. This, too, may well be invalid.

At this stage your 'appeal' is formal, and if rejected, you receive further documentation from the Council, and can appeal to a parking adjudicator.

It is my belief that your appeal will be successful 99 times out of 100, since there have been previous adjudicator rulings which nulify your PCN on at least one count.

So... if you are prepared to follow process, you won't pay anything - but the process is (again, in my opinion) unduly weighty for the 'seriousness' (or otherwise) of the contravention.

I recieved a reply today from the council about this which explains they are not going to accept my challenge and

The Council will enter into no further corresspondence about this matter before the Statutory Notice to Owner has been issued to the registered keeper

In other words pay up or argue afterwards, yeah?

They have given me a further 14 days to pay though from the date of teh letter. :)

This won't help you in this instance but in November I parked on double yellows and did exactly what you do - I ran into the Post Office. Okay I was a complete lazy ar*e but I was in a hurry.

I came out and noticed a traffic warden writing a ticket out. I remembered a program I had seen on TV saying that if they don't actually get around to putting the ticket on your windscreen (and they usually photograph it too) then you can't get fined. I jumped in the car, never even said a word to the traffic warden and drove off. No fine............If I had spent my time pleading with him the chances are he'd hae put the ticket on the windscreen.

Stebiz

My keys where in the ignition (engine running) as she was lifting my windscreen wiper, I know no photograph was taken. Should have slammed it into first gear I guess! LOL

I drove down the road with the ticket under the wiper (hoping it'd fall off!)

This won't help you in this instance but in November I parked on double yellows and did exactly what you do - I ran into the Post Office. Okay I was a complete lazy ar*e but I was in a hurry.

I came out and noticed a traffic warden writing a ticket out. I remembered a program I had seen on TV saying that if they don't actually get around to putting the ticket on your windscreen (and they usually photograph it too) then you can't get fined. I jumped in the car, never even said a word to the traffic warden and drove off. No fine............If I had spent my time pleading with him the chances are he'd hae put the ticket on the windscreen.

Stebiz

Next month the law is changing and driving off to avoid being served with a PCN will no longer be an option!