Am I too late to get my money back?

whoami
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I must have been soooo out of touch....(feeling very stupid) I only found out about the bank charges a few days ago and now I am worrying that I have missed my chance!!!

Just one more question.... did HSBC ever forced you to close your current account afterwards??

Thanks

Hi whoami and welcome to the HSBC forum. When I did my claim (a while back), HSBC never forced me to close my account. If they do take this sort of action because you are claiming your charges back then this would be taken as a retaliation against you and you can then report them to the Onbudsman.

As for starting a claim, unfortunately there is a court case going on between the OFT and 7 other banks, of which HSBC is one of them, and as a result of this case it means that ,if you do put a court claim in against HSBC, it will probably get stayed (put on hold until the outcome of the case). However, if you do have charges going back 6 years, you'd be better off putting in a claim now (after you have followed the procedure of sending a prelim letter then a letter before action), because of the 6 year limitation ruling. This means you can only go back 6 years from now and if you have a huge chunk of charges at the beginning of this period, then you would lose them by delaying your claim.

The first thing to do in order to proceed with a claim is to work out how many charges you have. For this you will need your statements. If you haven't got your statements then you can either obtain them from the online facility at HSBC or sendind a SAR. (sometimes it works out quicker to register for online services with HSBC as the SAR allows them 40 days to comply)

All the letters including the SAR can be found in the bank templates library which is here:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

I hope this is of help to you.

Just shout if you need anyfurther assistance.

Good luck:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

There is a simple spreadsheet that you can use in the bank tamplates library (in the link in my post above). Just type all your details over the top of the details already there (deleting them will only delete the formulas to calculate the dates since chatge until now and how to calculate the 8% interest claimable at court stage). Once you have put in your details, just delete the ones that aren't yours et voila you have your schedule of charges. For your prelim letter and letter before action you will need to hide the interest column and number of days since charge column.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D