• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

C ELLIS Vs *** WON ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First Step

Phone Bank for copies of Charges

• My first step was to phone my bank today Friday 30/06/2006. I asked for copies of my transactions and charges for the last 6 six years

They asked why and i said "for my own personal information"

They will charge me £5.00 and i should receive it by Wednesday.

Was quick and easy- no problem so far

:)

Won Natwest £1726

Won Lambeth Car Parking Fine £80.00

Guest NATTIE

If you were told Wednesday, then call the bank to confirm that they are on their way

I did this... a year ago (not for this purpose obviously) and STILL haven't had statements.. so TBH their word seems to mean diddly squat! Your best bet is just to send the letter... also was told it would be £5 PER STATEMENT! so watch out.

NatWest Visa - recieved a letter from court wanting more info re what sections of several law things im using to claim back the money - got to reply by 13th! still no idea!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ace - £1300 - SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One - £200 - SETTLED IN FULL

JD Williams - £400 - SETTLED IN FULL

Littlwoods - £2700- SETTLED IN FULL

NATWEST - £2703.33 - SETTLED IN FULL

Guest NATTIE

Looks like I have to explain the process from the other side so to speak of ordering copy statements. The date the statements are ordered a note should be put on your account which should be updated by the Customer service centre when the statements are sent out. If it is withina week and no note on file as to where to despatch statements, i.e. to you, they end up in a homeless file for 7 days before being destroyed. That means that if the bank say there is no record of the statements being ordered you won't get them as promptly as you should. Hope that clarifies things.

The other point about £5.00 per statement is based on charges for copy statements last year(the charge changed to £5.00 per account),was £2.50 per sheet, minimum charge £5.00.

They should explain things clearly... I (at the time) needed statements for like a year and half - which would have been £5 x 18 = silly amount for a few slips of paper! Anyways... cheers for update on change of charges for statements! Banks never seem to let you know.

NatWest Visa - recieved a letter from court wanting more info re what sections of several law things im using to claim back the money - got to reply by 13th! still no idea!!!!!

Thursday

06th July 2006

I phoned my bank branch today to ask what is happening regarding the statements.

The lady informed me the statements were ordered on the Monday 3rd July, she told me the statments can take 6- 7 days to arrive.

She checked my account and the £5 still has not been taken out of my account.

Won Natwest £1726

I have written to Natwest and they responded by offered me over 50% of the bank charges back. I accepted the 50% as part settlement and would be pursuing the rest. Now Natwest are threating to close my account on the 11 July. While the second letter was sent on the 26/06/06. So what should I do to prevent them from closing my account, before I can start the small claims???

Tinu

Tomorrow is 11th - had any more news RE Closing the account, or did you come up with a solution?

Friday

14th July 2006

This morning there was still no statements or £5 deducted from account.

Phoned branch and the call went through to a call centre, they gave me another number for my branch.

Phoned my branch again the man was quite annoyed he wanted me to know who i spoke to, what call centre and who gave me this number.

Anyway suddenly he said "oh there is an envelope here for Miss C ELLIS"

I will pick it up on Monday with some identification.

Only 2 weeks for statements!

:)

Won Natwest £1726

• 3 weeks later...

02nd August

Ok i admit it, i have been lazy by not starting the letter to NatWest.

Just logged onto my online banking and seen a charge for £105 for card misuse, just angered me into starting again. How can i misuse my own card.

I have looked in the library and copied the letter "preliminary approach for repayment"

:confused:

I need some advice, i am not sure if some of the charges was for an upgrade of my account that i once had. Should i send all the charges even the ones i am not sure about.

Won Natwest £1726

I was hit with a £140 charge for the same thing a while ago. I telephoned and made them exaplin it to me. Apparently it's where you've used your card to purchase something, but you've not left enough money in to cover the cost of the purchase long enough for the company to take their money. Is just another excuse for a charge in my opinion but just relaying what I was told.

• 1 month later...

September 09th 2006

• I created a spreadsheet and took it to the bank of all my charges for the last 6 years. I wanted them to explain all the charges to me, the lady working there said that i would have to take in my copy statements so that they could see my spending patterns.

• A week later i took the statements and spreadsheet of charges and a customer serice guy went through the charges with explanations between Advantage Gold Fees and overdraft charges.

Now that i have full information of the charges my next step is to calculate the interest and this is where i need some extra help.

I have seen the template for the calculation of bank charges but would appreciate if someone could explain to me the calultion process in Lamens Terms, and why the interest rate on the template in 8% per annum.

If anyone could answer help me on my next step and answer my questions that would be great, :)

Won Natwest £1726

I have just got the statements from natwest, i phoned them last friday and they sent them all from when i started my account to date for a charge of five pounds, which came in the post this morning. now Im basically in the same boat of working out all the charges and sending the prelim letter. Im not sure if to just log all the charges or are there some that dont count the same. Anyway good luck with your claim

I decided to have another look at the template and have put in all my charges, ther person that designed it is a genious.

I am now able to claim charges 1'600 and interest 194.82

Total to claim 1794.82

Cant wait to get started!!!!

Won Natwest £1726

Thankyou because i was actually going to send a copy of the spreadsheet template with all the interest amounts included.

I will simply remove the interest rates and simply have the list of charges, amounts and dates.

I will also include the couple of refunds they gave me at the end of the list, i pressume this will be ok.

Won Natwest £1726

• 3 months later...
Guest NATTIE

Make sure that you send it to Customer Relations Unit in Borehamwood, since July last year, things have changed with the branches being frozen out of the process.

• 2 weeks later...

Received a letter from Natwest today.

Dear Miss Ellis

Thankyou for your letter dated 8th January 2007 regarding charges applied to your account.

We are currently considering your claim and will respond as soon as possible.

pp Stuart Hingley

Customer relations

Won Natwest £1726

Hi

I am at the same time frame as you had the same response. I am due to send out LBA on Monday. Had the same letter today from Stuart Higley!! Will watch your post and let you know how I am getting on. My claim is for £703 on a step account.

Regards

Banking Idiot