Should I paythe debt?

scorpion26

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, could someone please advise me what to do. Six months ago I left a debt of £550 for gas and electric at my previous address. I did not leave any forwarding address but they have somehow found me, I think my old landlady opened mail with conformation of cable tv to be fitted at my new address which she must have told the company. I am now living with a friend who owns his own house, I am not on the electoral role and the only things in my name at this address is the cable tv bill and my bank statements. The company are now continuously sending demands to this address even though my friend rang them and said that no one by my name lives there and it must be a mistake. The person who he spoke to said that he would run a credit check on my name to find out where I am. So basically I would like to know if they can in any way prove that I live at my friends address, I know it sounds terrible but I thought that they would not be able to find me! Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Scorpion.

Why are you trying to avoid paying the outstanding bills?

This site is not about avoiding debt, but people will offer support and try to help you deal with your situation.

Are you not in a position to offer any sort of repayment? Remember you can only pay what you can afford even if it is £1 a week.

It may be worth completing a budget planner, i can find a link for one if it would help? ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.