Jump to content

Template for Registry Trust letter?

Jambo Piper

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi Guys.

Relatively new here, but massively impressed by the support and information available on the site!

However, I was woundering if there were any template letters I could use to write to the registry trust regarding the possibility of having a CCJ removed? Should I even be writing to them?

Basically, to cut a long story short, I had a CCJ registered against my name on March 8th 2005 (hearing date)

The Decree was extracted on 23 March 2005

I paid off the debt fully on 13 April 2005.


Now heres my problem. I understood that a CCJ could be removed as long as the debt was settled within 28 days. On the basis of this, I physically visited the office of company concerned and paid off the debt in full. I also recieved a letter of satisfaction to confirm this.

However, due to my stupidity and lack of expertise, I assumed the date the 28 day period started was from the 23 March, the date of the extract. I have just learned however, the date started from the hearing date, the 8th March. This of course meant the debt should have been settled on or before the 5th April, not 27th as I thought.

Now for the sake of just 8 days, it looks like Im going to stuck with a CCJ for the next 6yrs, (well, 3yrs!) because I got my dates/facts wrong. Im in a situation now where I need to get a new mortgage, (going to be a Daddy!) and no mainstream bank will even look at me because of this.

my intention was to write to the Land Registry and explain what happened, in the hope the can overlook my mistake and remove the CCJ. Any help would be greatly appreciated.



Link to post
Share on other sites

The Registry Trust only record County Court & High Court judgements.

They will not remove it.


How do I get my County Court judgment held on the England and Wales Register marked as satisfied?




From 6th April 2006 when the court are provided with evidence that a judgment debt has been paid in full, that court should notify us to amend the register. When the debt has been repaid outside one calendar month of the judgment date the register will show the entry as "satisfied". You may also apply in writing to the relevant court for a Certificate of Satisfaction enclosing:


a) evidence that the debt has been fully repaid,


b) a statement advising that reasonable steps have been taken to obtain such evidence but you have been unable to do so; or


c) a statement advising that you believe the evidence of payment is already held at the court; and


the court fee of £15 (cheque payable to HMCS)




You can put a Notice of Correction on your credit file:

Notice of Correction - Consumer Wiki

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...