Fairmile Recoveries Northern Rock Asset Recoveries

Olivia71

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello - first post and rather frightened !

In 2001 we took out a Together Mortgage with Northern Rock which consisted of a standard mortgage and an unsecured loan.

In 2004 we moved and settled the mortgage but not the loan.

In 2007 Northern Rock sold the debt to Fairmile Recoveries LLP.

Asset Recoveries were "assigned" to collect the debt - £26k approx

(I must add that anyone with a similar experience with these two companies might be interested to note they are both registered and operating from the same floor at the same address in Manchester......)

Anyway,

We made an arrangement to pay £200 pcm

Offer was accepted and husband shortly afterwards was made Bankrupt

Then we were told that it would just become part of the Bankruptcy and to wait until the official receiver had determined the terms

It seemed that Asset were not happy with waiting and started then to send letters to us make phone calls and putting the pressure on.

They would not accept anything but the full payment and threatened to have the house on the market in the same week.......

We were trying desperately hard to find the full amount via friends family but it has been impossible so far - we have until Feb 1st to pay up or they will go for an order of sale.

The "account manager" I have to say has been somewhat bullying and not minded reducing me to tears - I'm starting to wonder what powers they really have. They have refused payments - if we go up before a judge we will look like non payers and it won't help despite out offers and ability to pay £200 per month. I'm sorry if this is too long !

Any help would be so appreciated ! :confused: Thanks

The debt Is now owned by Fairmile Recoveries LLP You are not in debt to Northern Rock.

Are there charges on this debt?

Do the charges out number the debt?

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

Try asking the current owners If they have a copy of the credit agreement.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

• 4 months later...

Good morning all,

I am in exactly the same position as Olive. Fairmile were 'assigned' the debt by Northern Rock plc. In my case it is circa £18,000. Asset Recoveries have sent a variety of different letters - all saying something different and basically altering their view to suit their mood.

First of all they said they had a Judgement- they haven't! :)

Then they said they had a Charging Order - they haven't!:)

Now they say they are just applying to have the Charging Order 'put into their name'. - they can't!:)

They sent me a very poor copy of the Deed of Assignment - but no amount is shown, however it states that it is for 'Book Debts' of Northern Rock plc, and obviously is for a great number of the Northern Rock debts.

Let us consider this....Northern Rock plc bailed out by Government - therefore records of Northern Rock plc finances become public property and a request under the Freedom of Information Act should produce the accounts of Northern Rock plc for the year the debts were purchased showing the amount paid by Fairmile Recoveries.

However there is another interesting point, the 'Deed' of assignment may not be what it seems. The signature page states the following Two Directors to sign or one Director and the Company Secretary BUT there is only one signature and underneath the typed word 'Secretary' is struck through and the word 'Director' has been left untouched.

I say this is an improperly executed agreement at best and therefore invalid in Law.

What I wonder is - where there some dark and sinister 'goings on' at Northern Rock plc, and are they in any way associated with Fairmile Recoveries, and have they been concealing the true state of their finances, and if so why and when did this start? Did they collude with Fairmile Recoveries?:eek:

Why are Fairmile Recoveries using yet anther company to chase the debts - why aren't they doing this themselves - Is this yet another case for consideration under the Fraud Act 2006 or am I just being paranoid?

:cool: ANY COMMENTS WILL BE WELCOME.....

Best wishes to everyone

Dougal

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

• 8 months later...

I have been having the same thoughts, something strange seems to be going on. I really do need some help though. Northern Rock are very cagey about what they tell you. I was trying to get to the bottom of why Asset are still chasing me for a debt that Northern Rock claim is a closed account. I have been told verbally twice last year and again on Saturday that the debt is cleared, but I have Asset wanting to make me bankrupt and asking me to pay, which incidently I had mad an agreement but it's not good enough for them. I have reported them to the Financial Ombudsman for intimidating behaviour. I do wonder if Northern Rock has an interest in Fairmile!!!