me v argos **Won**

sallysas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/store-cards/122405-me-argos-store-card.html clears the fog a little. Just have to decide on the contractual rate now. Holding my breath as to whether I get some cash out of this one - but if not it will clear it from cccs payments, so it's all good.

I finally went for 17.9% as advertised on their webpage. Anyway I had a generous offer from them yesterday............. They charged me £108 for my failing to make payments but if they had charged me £12 as recommended by the OFT the difference in fees would have been £4. They are quite prepared to make me an offer of .......... (drumroll)..................... £20.

Wow, I am so unimpressed. My claim is for over £400. One thing that does bother me though is this figure of £108 charges. I got it to just under £200 so I am thinking some of this might be PPI. Can anyone suggest how I word this in my next letter as I would hate to lose due to being sloppy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just a quick update. They doubled their money to £40 which left me so underwhelmed. I got a bit lazy then and didn't send a rejection letter (but the offer was only good for 2 weeks). Filed my 5 page N1 yesterday. Wonder what their next move will be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry Midge, don't know why I failed to reply to you. To bring it up to date.

I used the credit card POC and just amended the wording slightly. They should have filed a defence by 20/05/08 at the latest but they wrote to me 25/04/08 offering me interest at 8% and still disputing my total charges. Would I be good enough to accept their offer and sign/send their letter back. Well I never responded and as they had run out of time I ran the court today to see if they had submitted a defence. Well take my breath away - they wrote to the court on 25/05/08 saying we had reached an agreement and there case was ended. What a bloomin' cheek. Nice man at court suggests I wait to see if I hear anything from them and if not 'phone the court back the end of this week. This is a new one on me and I'm not sure what to do. Better look in the templates library I suppose.

Hi

Thanks for reply.

As you brought the case it is only you that can stop it.

Why not e-mail the solicitors saying that you don't accept and that you will continue with the court case. bet they will up their offer again.

• Haha 1

will this do do we think?

Dear Mxx xxxxxxxx

Re: Claim Number xxxxxxxx

In response to your letter of xx/xx/xxxx I confirm that I do not accept your offer as outlined there so I am perturbed that you have written to the court informing them that we have reached an agreement and the case can now be closed. As the claimant in this matter it is for me to inform the court this has been resolved to the satisfaction of both parties.

Furthermore you have failed to provide me with a copy of your defence which should have been submitted some time ago. I am however willing to settle this claim for £xxx in full and final settlement, on receipt of which I will write to the court that we have reached an understanding.

I trust this make my position clear.

Yours sincerely

hi

Just a suggestion

"I confirm that I only accept your offer outlined as partial payment for my claim and am perturbed................"

Good letter though and that should work. It will show you know what your doing re court.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard nothing. Should I now ask for it to be struck out and if so what form do I use? I havn't been messed about like this in the 2 years+ I have been a CAGer. Maybe I'm tired but I can't seem to find anything that gives me this information.

Hi

I would ring the court tomorrow and check whether argos did infact write and say they had settled.

If they did tell the court that it hasn't been settled and ask if you can apply for judgement.

I haven't had anything from court to say it has been served yet and I sent it two weeks ago so i shall have to ring and find out what is going on!

It's coming good!!!!!! Just had a conversation with a really helpful lady from the court who states they had a letter from Gillian Macey (legal advisor) dated 08/05/08 stating it has all been mutually agreed. She gave me Ms Macey's direct number (01908 600901) who I then spoke too and while she went round the houses a little (probably trying to cover themselves) the upshot of it is she instructed a cheque to be sent out to me last Thursday for the full amount. I told her that I would call back on Friday if no cheque has been received and I would inform the courts the matter has been resolved when I get the cheque. It was for the full amount as well - none of this 'you can only claim £108 not £209 and only 8% interest not compound'.

To anyone battling against them just stick to your guns and follow the guidelines, it really does work. Midge I hope you hear something positive soon. Thanks for your encouragement.

Steven - thanks for your imput as well. Looks like I will have a good summer now. Every little bit helps and this time I can make a contribution to this site.

Edited by sallysas
addition

I'm still poor but cheque turned up today. It's going to be a good summer, another debt is cancelled, money in the bank and a donation can be made to this site. Better tell the cccs then.

Just wondering but I don't get notification of replies to threads any more. Is it me or has that facility been stopped?

I have an answer (possibly) - Notification e-mails are going out. Webby thinks that your ISP is possibly blocking them or your spam filter. If you have a junk mail folder, look in there