• Tweets

• Our price is the same all day, but varies day to day. Yes there's a risk of high prices but it has never gone above SVR any time since I signed up. Last 30 days average 17.67p/kWh, max 20.67 and lowest was 11.83.  It saved just under £300 during 2023.  
    • It you had E7 in the past but have converted to single rate then the meter will still hold the last recorded Night readings. This introduces scope for error when manually reading. If the meter has only ever been used on single rate then there's only one figure that can be taken. For example ours shows "Rate 1" reading and a "Total import" reading, but they both give the sme figure. If it has ever been on E7 the total will be higher, including the retained night reading.
    • okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
    • I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

benefits so annoying

chickaroo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im not begging just making a statement im sure people will agree.

seperated from my partner a year now raising 2 children on my own,

working part - full time hours a week depeding on availability.

My housing benefit changes that much im in arrears council tax one min im entitled then not!!

School diners cost me 20.00 a week

bus fare 10.00 or more a week its so wron

Where is the help if you dont wk you rent gets paid your council tax gets paid school dinners are free you can get help with uniforms just doesnt seem right surely us who can be bothered to get off our bums should get help???

I'm sorry your having a tough time but maybe you need to get advice as to whether your accurately getting the benefits you would be entitled to.

I appreciate you say income is variable and this must cause stress, but please dont label all on benefits, as not able to get of their bums, its rude for one. There are many different curcumstances leading to a claim for benefit and this can lead to embaressment which in my case triggered my reply.

I am off with long term illness and am a single parent also with children. My ex pays csa to the govt of over 150.00 a week and I get relevant care benefits so I am fortunate and grateful for that. I am hoping to retrain in business management for the day I hope to return to work and I have to make sure they the future employer would cope and understand my needs.

Again I hope you get what you are entitled to and a visit to the cab might help if you feel the DWP are letting you down. I'm sure they would want to encourage you to carry on working and claim relevant support. If it is truly becoming a struggle tell them that you are considering it would be easier not to work and i'm sure they would take a look into it. The DWP who dealt with me were very understanding and helpful. I had to be rehoused due to violence within 24hours and they sorted everything out, so I can not praise them enough.

I have no family support and wonder do you? Does your ex pay direct to the govt or to you? The latter can make benefits variable on top of working hours? Of course these are personal questions and I dont need an answer, just there appears to be some good dwp employees posting on other threads, have a look and ask why should my money vary so, just im so sad your going through a tough time :sad: . At least I got of my bum to reply, no sarcasm intended, I could lose some weight :D , just good luck :) and of course people definately commend you for working, just if it comes to it dont feel ashamed for claiming help you genuinely need if necessary. Sorry so longwinded and no rant intended:) My ex said I used to go on:lol:Ps. I dont get uniform help or with bus passes and unfortunately my sons uniform comes from JLewis, so eek at September, but we manage

Welcome to Gorden Browns era...................Many people are in the same postion as yourself, Many people are worse of than yourself, living of benefits isnt everyones cup of tea, there are reasons as to why people claim, either disability, sickness, the list is endless.....

I appricate the thread you have wrote, everyone needs to rant now and then, and i know you meant no harm by the thread...But as Loop has said, some might take offence, but hopefully there will look beyond that, Do book a appointment with your local CAB whom will look at what benefits that you might be able to claim to top up your part time wages, Claiming child tax credit and working tax credit, might be a option for you, this is calulated on the pervious years earnings, you can visit there site at

IR Tax Credits Online you will be able to roughly calulate what you might be able to claim, i'm surprised the local JC didnt make the claim on ur behalf, there must be some child benefits that can be claimed aswell, visit Department for Work and Pensions to find if your able....Remember to claim the council tax and rent allowance discount aswell.....

Don't be offended, but cheap school uniforms can be bought from local charyies, or maybe passed down from nieghbours children, which will cut the schooling cost somewhat, i never had a brand new school uniform, every year it was second hand... Buying a monthly bus pass will work out cheaper than buying weekly ones, again every penny adds up.....school dinners, packed lunches are better than what the school dishes up and would work out cheaper on the pocket, the little savings here and there will soon add up for a treat for urself or put towards something needed.....

You are entitled to make a claim and don't feel like ur begging, claim whats to be claimed and stay strong......

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

You should see if you are entitled to working/child tax credits.

You are then entitled to help with the school uniforms, just not school dinners.

Not sure if its just some areas then, as I'm a single parent, working part-time and getting working & child tax credits, and I'm not eligible for help with school uniforms. It wasn't too bad when they were both at the same school - like someone posted earlier, a lot got handed down to the little one [poor bugger always gets cast offs, being the youngest lol], but the older one's started high school now - completely different uniform and an endless list of what he HAD [according to the school handbook] have!

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

School uniform is not a legal requirement. Current advice suggests that parents in financial difficulties (where no grant is available) should approach the schools governing body for assistance. Schools also have a duty to ensure their uniforms are reasonably priced.

Legal obligations on uniform policy | Teaching Expertise

• Haha 1

I'm sorry your having a tough time but maybe you need to get advice as to whether your accurately getting the benefits you would be entitled to.

I appreciate you say income is variable and this must cause stress, but please dont label all on benefits, as not able to get of their bums, its rude for one. There are many different curcumstances leading to a claim for benefit and this can lead to embaressment which in my case triggered my reply.

I am off with long term illness and am a single parent also with children. My ex pays csa to the govt of over 150.00 a week and I get relevant care benefits so I am fortunate and grateful for that. I am hoping to retrain in business management for the day I hope to return to work and I have to make sure they the future employer would cope and understand my needs.

Again I hope you get what you are entitled to and a visit to the cab might help if you feel the DWP are letting you down. I'm sure they would want to encourage you to carry on working and claim relevant support. If it is truly becoming a struggle tell them that you are considering it would be easier not to work and i'm sure they would take a look into it. The DWP who dealt with me were very understanding and helpful. I had to be rehoused due to violence within 24hours and they sorted everything out, so I can not praise them enough.

I have no family support and wonder do you? Does your ex pay direct to the govt or to you? The latter can make benefits variable on top of working hours? Of course these are personal questions and I dont need an answer, just there appears to be some good dwp employees posting on other threads, have a look and ask why should my money vary so, just im so sad your going through a tough time :sad: . At least I got of my bum to reply, no sarcasm intended, I could lose some weight :D , just good luck :) and of course people definately commend you for working, just if it comes to it dont feel ashamed for claiming help you genuinely need if necessary. Sorry so longwinded and no rant intended:) My ex said I used to go on:lol:Ps. I dont get uniform help or with bus passes and unfortunately my sons uniform comes from JLewis, so eek at September, but we manage

Dont get any family help no all on me tod just find it hard at times i no there is ways to cut back but someimes i feel i couldnt cut back anymore if i tried.I do get tax credits as well but it just goes on bills i dont even see it i find it such a struggle just think there should be a bit more support for people who wan to try,rather than ones who dont and there is several out there whoo are quite happy not working.Each to there own a isupose its a ranting subject prob just feeling sorry for meself

I agree with many points made by various people here. I think most people if they can work do, but the problem is that the work world doesn't adjust itself to our needs, but the needs of companies.

I work anywhere beteen 7 and 35 hours per week. Only the first 7 are guaranteed. I don't have children but I do have a long term illness with no immediate prospect of improvement. BecauseI do occasionaly get more hours (although I do often have to refuse due to my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) I'm not entitled to benefits other than the absolute minimum in council tax benefit. This month I got £447 of which I have to pay £71 council tax after the benefit. That was with some extra hours. I'm paying £50 per month in arrears and I still have to live. Even to get the beneit I got, I was turned down the first time and had to appeal. It's so tiring and sometimes I just don't have the energy, no fight any more.

Fuzzgin; the system is so inflexible that it cannot cope with people's changing circumstances. If you've got CFS then you also have to watch for signs of relapse and the last thing you can do is push yourself.

When did you speak to a good welfare adviser? Have a look at this post http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/125283-useful-links.html#post1309826 and get yourself re-assessed.

Good luck fellow traveler :)

M.E. mum

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Joa I do push myself. I have quiet periods when I'm fine and convince myself that I must be better. I think a lot of people with chronic condtions do this. I'm learning. Various people have told me to give up my job and go on benefits and/or cut the hours, but... I just can't.

well, it is your life and your choice, and i am sure you do your best. it is however one of the perfidies of this illness that there are quiet, fairly good days which ultimately can prove your downfall.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]