style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

The RBS are charging me £28 every time I have a month where I exceed my overdraft limit, this is over and above the paid refferialS of £38 I,am charged can I claim the £28 back.

Also I was charged £35 for guarantying a debit card payment, but when I used the card it proceeded as normally, if there was not enough money in my account the payment would be cancelled.

Can you help.

Cheers

Steveh3

Hi again Steve! ;)

You can reclaim both the £38 and the £28 penalty charges. With regards to the £35 for guaranteering a debit card payment, I have a feeling that you can't actually reclaim this - but somebody will correct me if I'm wrong! And if they guarantee that the debit card payment will go through - they guarantee it regardless of whether there are sufficient/insufficient funds in your account. It's what's commonly known as a nice little earner for them :mad:

Have you got all of your statements for the past 6 years? If not, make sure you send them a S A R to ensure that you can have a look at all of your statements - that way, you can attempt to reclaim all penalty charges, not just the recent ones that you're aware of.

If you need any help with the SAR/totting up the charges/sending off the prelim, shout up on this thread and somebody will be able to point you in the right direction.

Best of luck :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks Hedgey06

I will claim for all the £28,s they have charged me, I have the last 6 years account details already and about to send the first letter.

Thanks for your help :)

It's a pleasure ;)

Don't forget to include the £38 referral charges as well :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.