30 day notice to close current account

cheshirecat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Earlier this year I received a refund from the Co-op Bank in the sum of £1331.50 for bank charges over the last 6 years. I have had several charges refunded again this year, each time I write they refund without question. Now they have given me 30 days notice to close the account.

Of course I realise this is a typical bully boys response, but was wondering if anyone here had received the same threat.

Any advice on how to get the Co-op to back down on this?

Thanks guys and gals!

Banks, give them an inch and they will take a mile.

I've had charges refunded on my smile account but then the account was closed without any intimation and passed on to debt collectors as there was an overdraft on it.

i've just received a letter from co-op regarding my current account and they have offered to refund the charges but i suspect that they will close my account again.

Co-Operative bank default removal - succesfull december 2007.

Capital One Bank default removal - succesfull february 2008.

Co-Operative bank Visa default removal- Claim filed March 2008

Smile default removal - ongoing

Are they actually allowed to close accounts based on claiming cahrges back?!

I guess all the banks are going to do this now, eh?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

They're not supposed to, you can get an injunction in small claims court to stop them!:)

Do you have more details/info, not sure that a small claims court will issue an injunction against a bank.

All help gladly received!

Banks, give them an inch and they will take a mile.

Yes, please tell us if you have any other information!!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal