Lie/Reply Recieved 24/04/06

ispartacus75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well my DPA letter has gone off to Capital One today. So its 40 days and counting.

Has anyone had a response from C1 so far? Do they operate to the limits of the 40 days allowed?

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

1/3 offered by phone 20/04/06 - Rejected

BCT Status

Statements Recieved 31/03/06

Capital One Status

Recieved Lie/Reply 24/04/06

Hi,

I received my statements two days ago. They took about 10 days to come. No charge either!!!

Ellen

Claim against Capital 1 £713........SETTLED.....Thanks Capital 1!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

HSBC account and mastercard

• 1 month later...

Recieved a reply today.

Dear Mr Macdonald

Thank you for contacting us for information on your account.

Unfortunately I coundn't give you any information because you didn't sign your letter. So that I can do this for you, please write to me again at this address.

Capital One

Customer Contact Reponse

PO Box 5283

Nottingham

NG2 3YJ

Alternatively, you can call us and one of our customer service advisers will go through a security check with you and answer your query immediately. Our freephone number is 0800 952 5319. Were here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes you. I realise how frustrating it is to have to go tho the trouble of contacting us again. However, we need to do this to protect the security of your account and personal details.

Yours sincerely

Lee Powell

Customer Relations Manager

This letter is a blatant lie as I know I signed all letters I sent.

In addition to this they went over the 40 days as I recieved my reply 42 days after they recieved initial letter.

I know that an option is to report them to the IC but what is the legal standpoint about them saying they couldnt action my request because the letter wasnt signed?

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

BCT Status

Capital One Status

Guest Lueeze

Ask for a copy of the letter to poove it wasnt signed!

If it wasnt then i guess they are within their rights to decline...!

Our freephone number is 0800 952 5319. Were here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Decided to test this out so just rung the number 10.30pm. Guess what?

This department is now closed. PLease ring back between 8.00am and 8.00pm

Why do these bastards think they can lie to us and get away with it???

CAPITAL ONE. I AM COMING FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

BCT Status

Capital One Status

Just spoken to them (they were open now). Couldnt speak to Lee Powell, surprise surprise.

Was told that they had scanned my letter to my account and there was no signature on the letter. I asked about having the original sent back out to ma and he said he would see what he could do, if not he would send a copy of it.

This raises a question. If they can only send a copy of the letter I sent them what is to stop them editing my letter to remove the signature and then sending me a copy of the edited letter? I would then have no proof that the letter I originally sent WAS signed as they wont return the original to me?

Could this be another delay tactic by C1 to keep hold of my money longer? As I believe the letter was signed I could argue that the DPA request ran out on Friday but with no proof its very hard to do and if they only evidence they offer is doctored I am stuck having to send another DPA request, signed and photocopied so that I have proof that the letter was signed before sending it.

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

BCT Status

Capital One Status

Guest Lueeze

Sounds fishy!

If they didnt scan the bottom bit with the sig on it then thats not your fault!!!

I dont know what to suggest if they wont budge as you ideally dont want to hang around waiting for this glitch to be ironed out!

Good Luck!

Lou x

I know its a pain in the bum, but it might be just as well to resend your letter so as to speed up your claim. They will drag their heels as much as possible to try and delay things, so for the cost of another recorded signed for you may as well. Still get them to send your letter back to you and if it is signed you can try and claim the cost of having to resend it with your moneyclaim.

Don't forget to contribute to the CAG. Without them we would probably still be drafting our prelim letters.

OH Cap One - £436/ So far received £40. MCOL submitted 17/7/06. Caved 4/8/06 for full amount!!!

OH Monument - £140, claim filed 8th May. Requested judgement by default, settled in full 4th July via out of court settlement (see thread). Total £192ish received.

Me Barclays - £630. Received letter 13th May offering £300 full and final (they can bog off). Claim filed 16th May. Acknowledgement of Service filed 22nd May to defend all of the claim. Allocation Questionnaire completed and Stay been ordered by Judge on 18/7/06!!!

Surly, this letter is personal to you - therefore covered by the DPA - you can request it back.

When you get it back you will see the signature.

Send another anyway - get the ball rolling.

We all know banks lie - it seems to go with the territory.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Surly, this letter is personal to you - therefore covered by the DPA - you can request it back.QUOTE]

Covered by the DPA yes but you would only be entitled to an eligible copy under the DPA.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

ispartacus75

I sign my letters then scan them and keep them on my PC that way I can always send copies I also add at the bottom of the letter...... the following

signed(Krystyna) dated (date written) and posted (date I put in the post)with recorded delivery number. I keep a store of them all at the ready from the post office lol . Anal I know but sometimes it pays off.

I hope you get it sorted out

Best of luck

Krystyna

Phone call today from a debt collection company in Glasgow saying they were acting on behalf of C1. I asked her to confirm whether they were just acting on behalf of or had they bought the debt. She told me they had not bought the debt.

I asked her in that case to pass it back to C1 as the amount owed is in dispute. She asked me how much was disputed, I replied about 2/3rds.

She went off to speak to her manager (funny how they can always speak to them when they need to but we cant), and when she returned she said that they were not able to pass the debt back to C1 as that was not policy however if I could keep them up to date on what is happening they would appreciate it.

She then explained that she would have been able to offer me a 25% reduction as settlement however it would clearly not be acceptable if I was disputing near 70% of the amount.

My question is Can the debt collector actually refuse to send the debt back to C1 if they dont own the debt? If they cant refuse I want to ring them back, but would need to know what to quote as well.

Any ideas?

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

BCT Status

Capital One Status

however if I could keep them up to date on what is happening they would appreciate it.

Any ideas?

Why should you keep them informed. I'm sure if C1 receive a summons they will advise the DCA sharpish.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

BCT Status

Capital One Status

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks