sandia v MBNA

sandia1978

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me. I have had a list of transactions sent to me on three MBNA credit cards that are between my husband and myself and going through the pages there are Late Fee Charges and also Overlimit Charges. I have the following questions:-

Can I claim back both of these charges or only the late fee ones?

Some charges are £25, £20 and some £12 can I also claim the £12.00 ones or are they allowed to charge this.

Thanks for any help I receive

Sandi

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me. I have had a list of transactions sent to me on three MBNA credit cards that are between my husband and myself and going through the pages there are Late Fee Charges and also Overlimit Charges. I have the following questions:-

Can I claim back both of these charges or only the late fee ones?

Some charges are £25, £20 and some £12 can I also claim the £12.00 ones or are they allowed to charge this.

Hi Sandi - you can claim them ALL back! They will keep on fobbing you off and making various refunds which you can accept on the understanding that you accept them as "partial refunds and will continue for the full amount". In the end, you will get everything back but it will take persistance and the patience of an angel! Have got back over £3K for both our cards and am now fighting for missold PPI. Read through the MBNA forum where everybody will have a similar story to tell and just shout if you need help. Good luck Debs

As empowered says. The only thing I would add is that I think you should do 2 seperate claims - one for you an done for OH. I think it will get in a mess re data protection act, etc otherwise. We don't want to giv ethem any (further) excuses, do we? ;)

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Thanks for the replies. I have worked out the charges and they are £380, £415 and £646 so I will send them three seperate letters to try and keep things more simple.

There is also loads of Payment Protection Cover charges on all of these cards - How do I go about finding out if I did ask for this as I really can't remember signed anything and most posts on here are to do with PPI on loans and will I be able to claim this money back as it will probably double the figures that I already have.

Thanks

Sandi

If you request a copy of your agreement, it is likely you will get a copy of a copy of your application form with a tick box for the PPI.

If this is the case then, you clearly did not have the insurance explained to you, as to what it will actually cover you for, you will have probably done as most do which is tick the box (that is if they can prove you did) as part of the application process as many of the questions require you to do so. I believe this enables you to claim that it was missold and you should claim.

The rate will be shown on this I think mine was shown as £0.68 per £100.00, however it actually means for the first £100.00 its £0.68 at £100.01 its a further £0.68 and then at larger balances mine was a random charge.

Keep each claim seperate I found them the easiest, I hope you do.

Sharkie

Thanks for the advice, I have now worked out the charges total over the 3 cards are £1441.00 and the Payment protection over the 3 cards is £936.54.

I am getting myself in a tiswas trying to find the correct letter as the prelimary letter for refund is for banks and also I haven't found one for asking for a copy of my agreement.

Does any one have a link?

Thanks

Sandi

Hi Sndi

THe preliminary letter is basically the same as for banks - you just change the bits about overdrafts and bounced direct debits to late payments and bounced direct debits (if appropriate). Obviously change the word 'bank' to 'company'or MBNA orsomething that makes sense. If you are really stuck, I trhink my prelim for GE money is on my GE money thread linked from my signature.

For the agreement just write a short letter saying you are requesting a "copy of the executed agreement for the account under s78(1) of the Consumer Crdeit Act 1974"

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.