Will they close my account & Loan?

millsyboon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey

I m back, I claimed £6500 back in October 2006 and I tried my best to manage my account properly, however getting married, moving house and having a baby all put a strain on the finances and I estimate I have had at leats anouther £1k in charges since then.

I am now considering claiming these back too, however I have two bank accounts with HSBC, one of them joint I also have a personal loan.

Is there a chance that HSBC will close all of these accounts and make me move them if I make another claim??

If so what do you guys recommend?

Thanks

Richard

Welcome back Richard, congratulations on getting wed & having a baby.:)

Although the banks have been known to close accounts , citing 'breakdown of relationship' in the current climate I think they'd be unwise to attract that kind of criticism. It is also against regulations to do so.

I wouldn't worry about a parachute a/c unless you have an account that is still going o/d, suffering ongoing chgs and leaving you with too little of your regular income to survive on.

In that situation, moving to a new a/c, leaving the o/d and the unlawful chgs to be sorted after OFT case is resolved, is perhaps the best option.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D