Welcome AGAIN!!!!

Megellen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Below is a letter sent to WFS Swansea office before Xmas:

Richard Pegler,

Customer Account Manager,

Welcome Finance,

2, Christina Street,

Swansea,

Glamorgan,

SA1 4EW

14 December 2007

Re: Account Number 1249443

Dear Sir / Madam,

I write with reference to your letter dated 11/12/2007, received today.

There is, as your records will show, history behind this ‘debt’ relating to a vehicle part exchange agreement in May 2005 between myself and Halfway Car Sales of Llanelli.

I traded the vehicle that this account was secured against in approximately May of 2005 and believed that that was the end of the matter. In July or August of that year, I was chased by your company for the balance of the account as no payment to you had been received from Halfway Car Sales, even though they had sold the car on to another customer (with outstanding finance???!!).

On 19th August 2005, you wrote to me stating that Halfway Car Sales would only pay £4847.19 and that I was liable for the balance of the settlement figure which was £265.97. I duly sent a cheque for this amount to your offices at Northampton.

At the time, we had just had a change in jobs and a house move to a new area and finances were tight to say the least. I had a call from your Northampton office to tell me that the cheque had been returned unpaid and that as the matter had dragged on and on (through no fault of my own), the cheque would not be represented and that I was now liable for the full balance owing, being approximately £2566.77!!

I agreed to start repaying the balance due by way of standing order at a rate of £10.00 a week, later increasing the repayment to £60.00 per month and continued to pay at this rate until May or June of this year.

I believe that I have repaid over and above the original £265.97 which I now understand, from my dealings with www.carcreditcomplaints.co.uk forum, was part of a short settlement agreement that reverted to the full amount when my cheque was not honored and the garages payment was simply deducted from the full amount owing.

Unless I can receive another similar short settlement figure, I am neither prepared nor able to pay any further monies against this account.

Furthermore, I wish to express my serious concerns regarding telephone calls received from your company.

I formally request that all further correspondence be made in writing only.

I demand that attempts to contact me by telephone stop immediately. I am familiar with the terms of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1970 and I believe your harassment places you in breach of these acts.

If you continue to call, you will also be in breach of the Wireless Telegraphy Act (1949) and, as such, I will report you to both Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading.

Take further note that continued harassment by telephone after the receipt of a request not to call may constitute a criminal offence under Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.

You will be deemed to have been served notice of my request and I will deem it served by 21st December 2007, I am advising you that any calls received after this date will be recorded with the intention of them being used as evidence.

Yours truly,

Their reply was basically:

We require you to tell us where the vehicle is as you were not allowed to sell / dispose of the vehicle without our authority.

My response in January '08 was:

Richard Pegler,

Customer Account Manager,

Welcome Finance,

2, Christina Street,

Swansea,

Glamorgan,

SA1 4EW

14 December 2007

Re: Account Number 1249443

Dear Sir / Madam,

I write with reference to your letter dated 14/01/2008, received today and my letter to you dated 14 December 2007 (copy enc.).

I have no knowledge of the whereabouts of vehicle registration mark V966 ABE other that it is probably in the Llanelli area.

As previously stated, I traded the vehicle as part exchange in approximately May of 2005 with Halfway Car Sales, Halfway, Llanelli. You were aware of this transaction at the time as you had contacted both myself and Halfway Car Sales about surrender values, etc. When I collected my new vehicle, in good faith, I believed that that was the end of the matter. In July or August of that year, I was contacted by your company for the balance of the account as no payments had been received by you from Halfway Car Sales, even though they had already sold the car on to another customer (with outstanding finance???!!).

On 19th August 2005, you wrote to me stating that Halfway Car Sales would only pay £4847.19 and that I was liable for the balance of the settlement figure which was £265.97. I duly sent a cheque for this amount to your offices at Northampton.

Due to our circumstances at the time, the cheque was returned unpaid and I was contacted by your company who stated that as the matter had dragged on and on (through no fault of my own), the cheque would not be represented and that I was now liable for the full balance owing, being approximately £2566.77!!

I agreed to start repaying the balance due by way of standing order at a rate of £10.00 a week, later increasing the repayment to £60.00 per month and continued to pay at this rate until May or June of this year.

I believe that I have repaid over and above the original £265.97 which I now understand, from my dealings with www.carcreditcomplaints.co.uk forum, was part of a short settlement agreement that reverted to the full amount when my cheque was not honored and the garages payment was simply deducted from the full amount owing.

Unless I can receive another similar short settlement figure, I am neither prepared nor able to pay any further monies against this account.

I will be seeking legal advice on this matter and conferring with local trading standards authorities.

Yours Faithfully,

I have sent copies of this letter to the entire board of Cattles plc by email and also to the OFT and local trading standards offices. If anyone wants to email Cattles, just substitute the persons name for info. Therefore, [email protected] becomes [email protected] for the chairman. The entire board is listed on Cattles website.

Will let you know how I get on!!!

Meg

Nationwide S.A.R. 31/03/07 Prelim Letter & Sched. 09/05/07 Claiming £2792 LBA 23/05/07

MCOL filed 30/06/07

Barclaycard S.A.R. 03/04/07 Prelim Letter & Sched. 11/06/07

Claiming £516.00 LBA Sent 03/07/07

Abbey S.A.R. 31/03/07 Prelim Letter & Sched. 12/06/07 Claiming £1380 LBA 03/07/07

MBNA S.A.R. 31/03/07 Prelim Letter & Sched. 12/06/07 Claiming £799 LBA 03/07/07

Waiting to do:- GE Capital Bank / M&S Money / Bristol & West / Capital One