landofsand vs HSBC PPI

landofsand
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to all.

I'm looking for a bit of guidance regarding a personal loan protection i've had since i took a loan out with HSBC in August of 2004.

I took a loan out with HSBC in August of 2004 for 11,000 pounds over 5 years before i moved abroad to pay a few debts i had.

At the time it was suggested that as the loan was for high amount, that loan protection should be taken out to cover myself in case of any problems that may arise.

Now here's the question. Should i have even been eligible for loan protection even though i was moving abroad and on a fixed contract term with a new employer?

These are just a couple questions running through my noggin as i'm struggling to take in all the info thats around.

Thanks in advance

Looking through the policy document it doesn't mention anything about working abroad or coverage while abroad.

The only info i have is from a booklet,it says, "If you work abroad you will still be eligible for cover provided thet you meet all the eligibility terms and conditions on the start date".

But, looking further on the page it says under "Fixed Term Cotract Work" that if you work on a fixed term contract, we will not pay for unemployment after the end of * a fixed term contract.

I was in employment at the time the loan was taken out, but i was leaving the company to start a new job abroad within a few weeks of this, with a different company, on a 2 year contract.

Now if i read this right, it means that if i tried to claim i wouldn't be able to, rendering the policy worthless.

Am i right? Any suggestions, guidence or opinions would be gratefully recieved.

The recent FSA ruling against HFC stated that companies should take note of the future needs of customers, as well as their current situation. On that basis I would say that you have a claim, as the policy would not have covered the period for which it was intended.

Hi,

I work for a BBC Consumer Affairs programme titled "Don't Get Done, Get Dom", in which presenter Dominic Littlewood attempts to resolve issues which have arisen between consumers and companies.

We are currently filming our 3rd series and would be very keen to hear from anyone experiencing consumer difficulties.

If you would like to talk to us, please get in touch at:

[email protected]

Thanks very much,

Simon