Sorn ! not responsible for fine

diasal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i have just found this great site and need some advice please somebody ,story goes like this i had a small van which i had sorn and was on my drive,i decided to sell it which i did and at the time of sale it still had two months of sorn to run ,i did inform DVLA that i had sold the van and the name and address of the new keeper ,after some time i had a letter from DVLA that i had not relicenced the vehicle and i was responsible for the fine ,i wrote back informing them that i had notified them some time ago with all the details,but they have NO RECORD of this,anyway letters have been sent back and forwards and still they are holding me responsible,i have sent them photocopys of the sorn ,i did write and tell them that if i had sorn the vehicle once why would i not sorn it again if i had not slod it,the man i sold it to cannot have it on the road because it has not been taxed or sorn.The latest letter i have received from them is saying that i was the registered keeper of the vehicle on the said date and i am responsible,i have phoned them on many occasions concerning this saying the details were sent ,have they been mislaid or lost?Dont know what to do?:?

the man i sold it to cannot have it on the road because it has not been taxed or sorn.

I wouldn't bet on it.

It's the same old story. If you don't get the confirmation letter from DVLA informing you of the change of keeper after four weeks,get on to them.

If you do a search on this site for dannykeirnan you will find a letter he has used that he claims does the trick.

• 3 weeks later...