Aki Vs Natwest

aki

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just sent my prem letter last Friday Natwest asking for the bank charges to be paid back to me. I’ve also requested they pay back interest they charged me because my account was overdrawn at the time. Am I correct in thinking I can claim this back? I know I should give them 14 days to respond but does that include the weekends or is it 14 working days?

Thanks

Aki

Hi aki and welcome to CAHG and the NatWest forum.

Yes you can claim back the interest they levied on the charges (that probably won'y be all the overdraft interest - but you probably knew that :))

The time scale is yours so you choose how you interpret 14 days. THe two lots of 14 days give 28 days which is thought to be a reasonable time to give them before claiming in court. I usually assume 14 days means 2 elapsed weeks but,as I said, it is up to you.

Just a warning - if and when you claim in court, your claim will almost certainly be stayed pending the outcome of the OFT case, which is on at the moment.

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick reaponse. One thing I forgot to mention before was that I didn't send the letter by recorded/special delivery. Will this cause any problem with Natwest trying to deny they received the letter in the 1st place?

BTW is there a link on here to monitor how the test case is progressing?

Thanks

AKi

I guess there is a possibility that they might. Just make sure you send the next one 'signed for'.

There are several links. However, the best bet is probably the Financial Times/Guardian/BBC websites.

Steven

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

• 4 weeks later...

Well its been over 14 days now since I sent my first letter out to natwest and as yet i still haven't heard anything back from them at all:mad:

Now should I proceed and send the Letter before action or wait till the test case is concluded before atking it any further?

Thanks

Aki

I would send the letter before action now. After that, wait and decide what to do.

Steven

My Wins

Thanks for the advice Steve. One more thing who should I send the letter to? I sent the previous letter to a Gorden Pell, should I do the same with this letter or is there a more up to date address?

This is the add as i have it at the mo:

Gordon Pell

Chairman and Chief Executive, Retail Banking

The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc

PO Box 1000

Edinburgh

EH12 1HQ

who should I send the letter to?

LBA should be sent to this address aki. :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks for that, iI will update the letter and get it sent off tomorrow. fingers crossed they may even pay out without me having to start court proceedings.