Royal Bank of Scotland Charges and Direct Line Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm about to start a claim against the Royal Bank of Scotland for charges that have put on my account. In the last 2 1/2 i've been charged over £2100 in bank charges, but this may increase once I have the statements for the full 6 years. I have also got a loan from Direct Line, which I have defaulted on, indirectly as a result of the bank charges.

My question is this: Can I get RBS to remove the default for the Direct Line loan, if i'm successful in my Bank Charges Claim, as ultimately RBS and Direct Line are the same company? I know if it was a RBS loan I'd be able to do this, but i'm not sure if I can when the company is trading under a different name.

Thanks for any help

My question is this: Can I get RBS to remove the default for the Direct Line loan, if i'm successful in my Bank Charges Claim, as ultimately RBS and Direct Line are the same company? I know if it was a RBS loan I'd be able to do this, but i'm not sure if I can when the company is trading under a different name.

RBS is the parent company that owns Direct Line along with several other companies that form the RBS group. However, RBS and DL are quite seperate companies with separate legal identities nevertheless - it is not the same company trading under a different name. So unfortunately, I think the answer to your question is no, you will not be able to get RBS to do anything with regard to DL's business with you.