CapQuest

qbto
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yet another thread on this company

My wife recieved two letters from CapQuest over the period of two days firts one saying she owed £1500 to a littlewoods credit card the second one offering her a special payment plan reducing the debt to £800

Firstly my wife has never had a Littlewoods credit card secondly the letters were addressed to a Miss she's not been a Miss for 23 years and then it was with her maiden name.

After the letters arrived our eldest daughter remembered someone had called the week before asking for my wife by name (she was at work at the time) they then gave two addresses and asked which one this was :confused:

We can only assume this was CapQuest trying to track down the debtor

We believe that the debt is owed by someone with the same name as my wife but try phoning CapQuest to tell them that all they want is more information DOB etc

My wife refused to tell them her DOB and this morning as sent them a letter telling them the debt is not hers she then called the Financial Ombudsman to lodge a complaint.

Why are these companies allowed to harras inocent people who just happen to have the same name ?

Perhaps if everyone who has a problem with companies like CapQuest complain they'll get shut down.

Keep ALL of your paperwork from them and complain to their local trading standards, the OFT and the FOS, they are breaking all sorts of laws here... !!! I would write back to them saying, you have no knowledge of any debt owed by yourselves and please provide more information....send by recorded delivery, do NOT hand sign the letter (just in case they try and photoshop something !!).....write at the top I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY - and at the bottom write - PLEASE NOTE I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY PHONE CALLS FROM YOUR COMPANY - ALL CORRESPONDENCE MUST BE IN WRITING ONLY - ANY CALLS MADE TO US WILL BE REGARDED AS HARRASSMENT AND TREATED AS SUCH....

The wife posted just such a letter recorded this morning, unsigned.

She also called the Financial Ombudsman to log a complaint there.

She was intsructed by the FO that if its not resolved in 8 weeks they would take over the case.