parking off topic

Guest interesting
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest interesting

[edited]....

"virtually" unenforceable .. so not TOTALLY ... what if he is the one they do enforce ...

The 'standard advice' rubbish still keeps coming !!!

If the parking people made a mistake ... point it out .. the OP obv is convinced he is fine and the PPC made a mistake ....

Ignoring, as has been pointed out (unless you hold your qualifications from the university of PePiPoo) is not the best policy....

Why cause more paperwork/hastle to yourself than 1 simple letter staing the facts asking the PPC to prove otherwise and job done.....

From my own personal experience of tussling with private parking companies I would urge you to go with Barnsley Boy's advice rather than interesting's. interesting has contacts and sympathy with PPCs and it is his policy to promote the possible enforceability of such tickets on this forum. I would suggest at this point in time do not contact them at all, there is no point. Whatever argument you put forward they will ignore and write more letters which become even more threatening. I know the temptation is there to put your point to them, but best policy is to ignore. They do normally go away. Even if they don't there will be plenty of advice here from others. Don't lose sight of the fact that this is a private company, and has no connections with any authorities.

Interesting,

I'm simply not going to get involved in a head to head trading of insults with you. Who knows where it would end, you'll be wanting me to become involved in your "appeals" process next.

On to the point in hand - we are talking about Euro Car Parks here. If anyone, including Interesting, knows a SINGLE case which Euro Car Parks has taken to court then please post up the details.

In fact, the chances of being taken to court by a PPC are awfully slim.

Figures, released through freedom of information act, reveal that the DVLA "shopped" 1,343,903 Registered Keeper details to private companies last year.

At a conservative estimate, 50% of this trade would be to Private Parking Companies - 670,000 cases.

If our friend Perky is to be believed, 50% pay straight away [no requirement to get DVLA information], another 30% pay eventually leaving a "hard core" of 20% which are either written off or taken to court.

670,000 cases represents the 50% of people who don't pay straight away

268,000 cases represents the 20% of people who don't pay at all.

We know about maybe 10 cases that have gone to court. Let's say for a moment that the iceberg is huge and we only know about 1 case in 10.

CHANCE OF BEING TAKEN TO COURT BY A PPC

= 268,000 / 100 = Two Thousand Six Hundred and Eighty To One

Seems like pretty good odds to me :)

Guest interesting

Unfortunately you are incorrect 'legaladviser' - I am not allied with a private parking company, Just an interested observer with an open mind (not sure the word allied is correct but I see what you were trying to get at).

I know they are enforcenable as I use the their services and see the results

Guest interesting

I own some land, and I use the services of a PPC (and 1 wheelclamping company) to enforce.

I have stated for sometime they are enforcenable and use Perkys company to enforce on 3 areas of land I own, I use another company called As-Securi T to patrol on a couple more.

I am convinced as I can be that they are enforceable and I regularly ask them for updates on tickets/enforcing - In the absence of any evidence to show they are not enforceable I will stick with my beleifs.

Anyway, if they were found to be un-enforceable I would just go back to companies that tow & clamp unauthorised vehicles on my land .. I only use a PPC as the shops on some land areas dont like the hastle of the clampers and towers - personally I couldnt care less if someone was towed/clamped if they are somethere they shouldnt be then tough !!!

It is quite funny actually to see someone who has taken the chance to run to the bank for example, the clampers are sitting in their van .. see the driver run off and within 30seconds the vehicle is clamped - the person comes back 2mins later and is nearly in tears :) .. then £100+ later in cash the car is relased and that person NEVER comes back.

My tenants/clients are happy, I am happy with my £30 kick back and the only person who is unhappy is the idiot who took the chance in the first place...

I get £25 back when a ticket is issued on my land with a PPC, £30 when clamped and £40 when towed away ... so Im on a winner regardless.

Perhaps, richard-, reading interesting's post above you will realise his/her agenda, interesting's comments may not help your case, I would suggest you ignore him/her. Again, I would urge you not to communicate with the parking company and come back here if you get notification of any Court action.

Guest interesting

I have no agenda .. I do not use the services of Euro Carparks .. so I have nothing to gain/lose by the OP paying/not paying - being taken to court/not being taken to court.

My initial post was just to advise the OP that a 'virtually' un-enforceable ticket is NOT the same, in any way shape or form the same as 'totally' un-enforceable and he could be the one they decide to take action against.

The odds that have been quoted may be correct but whats the chances of winning the lottery ... millions to one .. but people do on a regular basis.

Also, try telling the people who have been taken to court and have CCJs against their name that they are 'virtually' un-enforceable.

I couldnt care less what the OP decides to do, it does not affect me in the slightest ...

It is quite funny actually to see someone who has taken the chance to run to the bank for example, the clampers are sitting in their van .. see the driver run off and within 30seconds the vehicle is clamped - the person comes back 2mins later and is nearly in tears :) .. then £100+ later in cash the car is relased and that person NEVER comes back.

Interesting, please be assured this is not a personal attack, or meant to be in any way sarcastic, but do you really consider this situation as funny?

Guest interesting

No personal attack or sarcasm taken gwc1000 - you have asked a perfectly valid question:

Yes .. As a landowner my tenants pay for their carpark spaces and I have an obligation to try and ensure they can use for what they pay for.

If a person takes the chance of not being caught, uses something they know is not theirs to use then I have NO sympathy with them - you take the chance and you got caught. (if you cant do the time, dont do the crime).

If the carparks are full and my tenants cannot use their spaces I get grief, I cant be bothered with it .. so have to get it managed.

I am sorry but my tenants are my priority and enables me and my family to have a very good standard of living and life ... I have worked hard to own the land/property I do and for some person who cant be bothered to pay 20p or whatever next door and takes the chance and gets caught .. then tough !

I would say that in ALL my places there are so many signs/warnings they cannot be missed - we are not talking 1 board in a parking area for 50cars hidden behind a tree just to catch people.

Interesting, please be assured this is not a personal attack, or meant to be in any way sarcastic, but do you really consider this situation as funny?

I thought it was funny! But then again I do have a strange sense of humour I also laugh at people on 'youve been framed' having some missfortune that looks very painful, lol.

Interesting has said in the past he has no connection with Perky. Earlier this afternoon he said he is just an interested observer, with no axe to grind.

Liar, liar, pants on fire! Now he admits he uses Perky's company to police his premises (ie. he is a business associate who directly profits from Perky issuing tickets). No wonder he is so anxious to spread the private parking agenda and lies. You cannot trust a word this character says.

Guest interesting
Interesting has said in the past he has no connection with Perky. Earlier this afternoon he said he is just an interested observer, with no axe to grind.

Liar, liar, pants on fire! Now he admits he uses Perky's company to police his premises (ie. he is a business associate who directly profits from Perky issuing tickets). No wonder he is so anxious to spread the private parking agenda and lies. You cannot trust a word this character says.

I have no axe to grind, I am an interested observer and as for business associate well hardly - i am a business person and a good one at that so it pays to know the score and keep involved.

Liar, liar pants on fire ... Think we should leave it there as childish comes to mind and do not want to lower my standards .. On a serious note lehaladviser why can you not learn to be civil if you disagree instead of resorting to insults and childish comments - you have been warned before by mods about your posts, i wish you would take note then an adult conversation can be had

I am very happy to have discovered the true nature of 'interesting' and his twisted sense of humour. Even if it's 'legal' it ain't funny, is 5 minutes or less to go to a cashpoint really going to affect anyone? Someone may have 'worked hard' to get the £100 too, maybe cleaning your gold taps. Got green_and_mean out of the closet too. Nice to know who you are dealing with, and who to ignore. I understand the mean bit, what's it got to do with green?

Why aren't we revolting?

I am not allied with a private parking company, Just an interested observer with an open mind

I am happy with my £30 kick back ... I get £25 back when a ticket is issued on my land with a PPC, £30 when clamped and £40 when towed away ... so Im on a winner regardless.

It is quite funny actually to see someone who has taken the chance to run to the bank for example, the clampers are sitting in their van .. see the driver run off and within 30seconds the vehicle is clamped - the person comes back 2mins later and is nearly in tears :)

Are we supposed to take this person seriously? Or is he the "entertainment"?

I am concerned that interesting advocates cars to be clamped "within thirty seconds", then finds amusement by watching the tears on the owners' faces, and then comes on this forum advising new posters on this forum of the enforceability of tickets such as his company use.