Any advice please I am at end of tether!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi any advice would be greatly appreciated. My car was parked on road whilst I was at work and was hit by a Sainsburys arctic. I phone my broker, who told me to phone MSL Legal Protection. i told them what had happened etc and also made clear that my car as dragged along road and front ended on pavement so wheels would also need to be checked. To cut a long story short, they supplied a credit hire car, this was mid December, then my insurers Provident arranged a garage 35 miles away to come and collect my own car. My car was eventually ready on Wednesday but they could not delivery back until Tuesday coming. I said my husband would collect it on Sat morning. However MSL wanted their car back Thursday and expected me to take time off work to go and collect it. My broker intervened, I could keep until Sat. When my husband inspected my car he refused to accept it the door handle had no paint on it, and front passenger side wheel scuffed. The garage said they had not been told to do these jobs by insurance company (who didn't inspect it anyway). Garage told my husband to take hire car away and they would sort out with MSL and my insurers. However, MSL now want their car back tomorrow - I will be left with no hire car and my car unfinished. I have done nothing wrong! MSL have said I need to take it up with the garage. I have read on internet that any extra hire car charges due to garage delay in repair should be claimed by 3rd party insurers from garage so really nothing to do with me? where do I stand?

This really is a problem you need to sort with your insurers.

The fact is that they were prepared to pay for a hire car until your car was fixed. The fact that it has not been fixed proprly by a company specified by them is hardly your fault.

They should see the error and make it right if you explain it to them.

Good luck and keep us informed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

removed

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?