GE and their multiple identities

micko19

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over the last 6 weeks GE have commenced littigation for repossession of my house. They commenced action purely to bump on charges as i am in the process of remortgaging these sharks out of our lives. They have been aware of our remortgage but continue to press on with court hearing for 21 jan 2008 causing my wife to suffer severe panic attacks. The other reason for their action is I am claiming over 1000 in illegal admin charges which more than covers the arrears.

I would like to make people aware that in the last 6 weeks GE have used 5 differant names in their correspondence with me.

1. "GE MONEY SERVICING LTD"......

2. "GE MONEY SECURED LOANS LTD" ......

3. "iGroup"..... .

4. "GE MONEY MORTGAGES LTD" ...............

5. "GE MONEY HOME LENDING LIMITED" ............

Please feel free to request proof of the above by private message

This technique is acknowledged in the OFT notes as to what constitutes harrasment when confusing the company identity to the borrower.

In my experience they

1. Lie about what they have been told in telephone conversations.

2. Deny receipt of documents having signed for recorded delivery.

Apparently they get lots of claims written off because people use the wrong identity.

Can anyone give me a good steer as to which name i should use for my claims against them......

micko19

Hi there, firstly and most importantly - have you returned defence documents to the court for the hearing next week and are you attending? Also, do you have a new mortgage offer in writing?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

sorry i should have been more informative. The hearings have been adjourned now. They received a full copy of the mortgage offer 18/01/07 (recorded delivery)and were informed by my solicitors at country wide mant times before this. I think the idea was to intimmidate trying to put us off our legitamate claim for admin charges....

All settlements should be complete mon 21/01/08

many thanks for super fast response

micko19

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently they get lots of claims written off because people use the wrong identity.

Can anyone give me a good steer as to which name i should use for my claims against them......

micko19

I was at Court against GE yesterday..they had put in an application to have my claim struck out 'because I did not have a reasonable chance of it succeding' they also claimed not to be responsible because I was claiming GE Money Home Lending and my account was with GE Money Secured Loans Ltd.

I explained that I believed I was suing the correct company as I had went down the SAR Data protection route....the Judge pondered and concluded that it may be imposible for a layman like me to be able to find out which company was the correct one to claim against..........then said

"if I were in your position I would consider submiting to the Court an application to ament the Defendant in the case to Ge Money Home Lending and or Ge Money Secured Lending Ltd just to be sure I had the correct company"

then struck out GE's application to have my case struck out:)

Roscodog

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Yes..........Eversheds ( as are Bank of Scotland for one of my many claims).

I have already had a partial without prejudice offer and told them to shove the offer and the confidentiality clause......my thread is

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/126189-roscodog18-g-e-money.html

roscodog

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Bona,

can you elaborate? Eversheds of Cardif seem to be the solicitors of choice for several financial organisations at the moment. I for one intend to cause them to incur as much in the way of costs as I can.........I met them in Court........and won bring on round 2

Roscodog

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Be carefull I met them in court 26 times and won but your mortgage will indemnify your mortgagee against reasonable costs so you have to pay we felt there costs were not reasonable to spent a year trying to get them to agree in the end got a court order for costs to be assessed guess what the Judge said the costs were unreasonable and reduced the bill by 23% then told us we had to pay for the assessment so we won a moral battle but it cost us . We are not going to leave it there is too much money at stake , problem is if we go to court and prove that they are wrong we have to pay its a very unfair world but were working on it

also they have to get their ammended bill in by a certain time do they care no have already breached that order!!!!!!!!!