Help.........dont Know What My Rights Are

Tillysocute
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a washing machine from ARGOS via the internet paid cash and it was delivered on 9th JAN 2008.I waited 2 weeks for delivery.............

I must have used this machine 5 times in total since it arrived but when i went to turn it on this morning i have no power...........Its just DEAD..I have checked the socket............WORKING then i changed the fuse,NO PROBLEM THERE.Checked the door was shutting properly.ALL GOOD....

But there is no power there no light or anything.................

I phoned ARGOS who told me to ring SERVIS which i did and they are coming out on tues............

First of all i am really hacked off that the machine is only 2 weeks old and i cant use it and secondly i am concerned that the repair man will not have the part i need or it will take weeks to put right...........

I have a baby due in a few weeks and i will need it.......... Why couldnt ARGOS just replace it instead of my having to ring around and wait in for repair man........ I paid for the goods in good faith............

What do i say and do if they come out and its a big job taking forever???

Many thanks for your help.................

I'd wait until the Servis engineer comes, and try to say positive. Sounds like you have better things to be worried about soon enough :-)

I'd check what your 'warranty' says about this scenario.

If the repair is likely to take a long time you could then argue that the item was not fit for purpose, and under your statutory rights you can get a full refund within 28 days.

Could you post an update when the engineer has been?

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi thankyou for your reply.i will definatly keep you posted after the servis engineer has been...

Fingers crossed its nothing serious and i dont have to wait to long for it to be working again,my hormones cant take anymore mishaps!

If they are already coming out on Tuesday I would suggest waiting till them however you are entitled to either a repair/replacement/refund if they are unable to do anything then and there (just tell him nicely if he can't fix it that day you will be seeking a replacement instead).

Warranty's are a waste of time, its the sales of goods act you will be claiming under, and also Argos's policy towards faulty goods as outlined in their catalogue. (Your right to a refund within 30 days)

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Thankyou for info..I have had a rotten weekend thus far worrying over this and washing everything by hand and trying to dry it...........I will have popeye arms at this rate!!!

At least i know what my rights are now regards my options,,,,,,,,,,,

Will keep you posted after tuesday.............

thank you again

You will not believe this...............SERVIS just called me and i thought it was to confirm them coming out to repair tomorrow but no..............

It was to tell me that their engineers had been taken off the road and my repair would be undertaken by a private contractor but she could tell me when they would contact me!!!!?????

I told them forget it called ARGOS and told then what had happened.........

They offered a replacement which i refused given SERVIS aftercare.I was then offered a hotpoint whirlpool which was an extra £50.00 which they said as an offer of goodwill will pay for me.............Only downside is i have to wait another 10 days till delivery(HOPE THE BABY DOSNT COME NOW)....

Well it sounds like (although you might have to wait 10 days) Argos have come up trumps :-) Hotpoints are generally reliable workhorse machines and even if they do breakdown they are easy to fix.

Now, no currys no long walks and no exertion (especially of the saucy kind) till after the new machine has arrived , and good luck ;):D

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed