Euro Car Parks Again Again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I originally posted in "Euro Car Parks £70 fine" in November - nothing has happened until now so as the circumstances are different I have started a new thread -

I collected a PCN for staying over 4 hours at a ECP park - The vehicle was not there for 4 hours but was inthe park on two seperate occasions over 4 hours apart - On the advice of Bernie the Bolt and Barnsley Boy I wrote based on a template letter advising ECP of the situation and that the PCN was incorrect and that I denied absolutely etc. - I received this today: -

With reference to your letter dated 25/11/2007 appealing against the above Parking Charge Notice.

Euro Car Parks Ltd. manage this site on behalf of our clients and are regulated by our terms and conditions. Following instructions from our clients, I can confirm that Euro Car Parks pass all appeals to the Centre Management at XXXXXXXXX who attend to these directly and inform which notices are cancelled or upheld. I can confirm that, after a full investigation Centre Management have decided to uphold the notice as this was issued correctly.

Euro Car Parks offers a space management system, and the signage at this site is quite clear in it’s intent, and therefore it is imperative that the time constraints are adhered to including the ‘Maximum stay’ and ‘No return time’ of vehicles. This is to ensure that all genuine customers are able to use the facilities at this site.

Please be kind enough to forward payment of £30.00 making your cheque/postal order payable to blah blah.

I would respectfully remind you that this amount is now due, with payment to be made within 14 days. Please quote PCN number etc.etc.

I have a good idea on how to reply based on a template follow up but would appreciate any observations or comments.

Many thanks

Grumpy Old Goat who wants his money back.

So far so predictable,

My only observation is that this so obviously a standard letter, they have not actually answered the points that you made.

They are trying to steamroller you. I'm sure grumpy old goats like you don't get steamrollered easily.

Thanks BB - My proposed reply:

Further to your letter dated 18th January 2008, I note that you refer to my letter of 25th November 2007 as ‘An Appeal’. That letter was not in fact an appeal. It was to advise you that whoever wrote the Parking Charge Notice had made the incorrect assumption that the vehicle was in the car park for over four hours, when in fact it was not and that consequently the Parking Charge Ticket is making a false claim.

I repeat again. The vehicle was in the car park on two separate occasions that day with over four hours elapsing between exit and re-entry as no doubt your camera records can confirm. The vehicle did not contravene any of the ‘length of stay’ or ‘no return’ times as stated on your signage and referred to in your letter.

I repeat my absolute denial that I owe you the amount claimed or that any monies at all are owed by me to you and regret that I shall be unable to assist you further in this matter.

Any suggestions for improving please?

Tahnk you MB - I am hoping if someone actually reads it they might twig that my reference to the ticket making a false assumption means that they are open to the accusation of making a fraudulent charge should that become necessary if things develop further - That might be expecting too much from one of their numpties I suppose.

Thanks again to both of you - I will get it posted Monday - It will be interesting to see what their response will be - I will keep you posted - Hopefully it will encourage others in similar circumstances not to give in.

• 1 month later...

A brief update :

Basically nothing has happened, no reply to my last letter to them on 20th Jan so that is just over six weeks.

It took them eight weeks to reply to my original letter but that was with Christmas and new year in between.

So I wonder if my making them aware that they were making a false claim has made them give up?

Having dared to to think I smell victory I will probably get a demand tomorrow!

There was a posting by a guy claiming to be an employee of Euro Car Parks.

He said that Euro Car Parks don't chase non payers with the same vigour that alot of the other PPCs do - 2 or 3 letters and that's it. 50% don't bother to pay, of the other 50% they take the view that

R = Revenue from Fines

C = Cost to recover

As long as R > C they will chase but from experience they know that after 2 - 3 letters, most punters have dug their heels and there is not cat in hell's chance of them paying short of court.

In your position, I'd just ignore everything short of actual court papers from now on.

Thank you BB I hope you are right - I will follow your excellent advice. I will report if there is any change in the situation. I do hope others will be encouraged to fight these [problem] artists.

Sorry I do not understand - Does anyone else?

There is a poster going under the name of minstreller who has had a number of posts deleted by the moderators last night. He is posting inflamatory opinions and in some cases incorrect and misleading statements (Trolling).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minsteller (a PPC supporter) had made unhelpful posts here and on other parking threads which have been deleted

Thanks MB, I am aware of trolls but had not realised they were on here.

I hope Minsteller rots in hell along with all his other [problem] bretheren.

• 1 month later...

So it is now over 3 months since I sent the second letter advising that the ticket claim was false and explaining why no charges were incurred. The reponse is a deafening silence. So lessons learned:

1. Euro CP will pay attention eventually and give up if you have a strong case.

2. If you have similar problems with these or similar rip off merchants fight, do not give in.

3. The advice given on here by Bernie T B, Barnsley boy and others is excellent please do follow it.

My thanks again to all who gave advice.

Thanks for the mention in dispatches!

I trust that you will now spread the message far and wide to familiy, friends, even aquaintances you don't like very much, that these private tickets are just a [problem] which can be faced down with a bit of resolve and support.

We all know how the [problem] works and how it fails. The PPCs do too, although they don't admit it, their silence when it comes to issuing court proceedings is deafening.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Got a PCN from Private eye recently for overstaying the normal 2hrs in Morrisons car park. My partner has already paid the fine of £40. Any chance we can reclaim the charge?

Thanks

Matt

Ian Hislop - big cheese at Private Eye, on telly a fair bit.

scan all the documents, scrub out personal information and post them up.

it would be good to try to reclaim wouldn't it.