• Tweets

• Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
    • Moved to the Private Parking forum.
    • Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Euro Car Parks Incorrect spelling of car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been reading through your topics on ecp as today I got my first ticket with them. I would like to know what can I write to appeal against, i've read that ecp will drop the case after ignoring the letters but if possible I wouldn't mind writing first.

I was parked in sainsburys at 14.10, where I left the vehicle for approx 90mins returning at 15.42 where the ticket was just put on the car. The car park is motored by someone walking around, there are no tickets or barriers, it is free to park for 90 mins MAX. The time states I entered the car park at 14.00 which clearly I don't think I do as I was at the ferry port at 13.50 waiting for someone.

On the ticket it states the car colour correctly as red and the make of vehicle ALD instead of Audi. It does not list the model of car.

Any idea on what I write about

You have not committed any offence and you’ve been "charged" by a private company whose notices have no status unless a case is brought at the expense of the company in a civil court. I would not recommend getting involved in any so-called "appeals procedure". The PPCs simply view this as an evidence gathering process, it is usually a sham, lacking any semblance of independence or objectivity.

The "charge" is alleged under contract law. Despite what they may call it, what you have is an "invoice" (a decidedly dodgy one at that) from a private parking company who allege you have breached their terms and conditions. The notice is not backed up by statute, unlike those issued by councils and police. Given the unofficial nature of the ticket, any discrepencies re: make, model, colour etc written on the ticket are not particularly relevant.

The “notice” is virtually unenforceable and the truth is that the Parking Company will probably not even try to enforce it by legal action. Instead they will use debt collectors who will threaten references to credit agencies, personal visits by bailiffs and clamping of cars / removal of property. These threats have no foundation. The reality is they would need to bring civil litigation in the county court against the driver and prove a breach of prominently displayed terms and conditions. They will go to the DVLA to identify the registered keeper of the vehicle but you have no responsibility to tell them who was driving (even if it was you) and enforcement can only take place against the driver. These cases are largely dealt with by threats and bluster rather than any real action on the basis that most people pay up for a quiet life.

I would not recommend giving the PPC your address. It will cost them £2.50 to obtain registered keeper address from the DVLA. Let them incur this cost. As long as you stand firm and ignore the drivel that comes through your letter box [File away for reference and / or retribution] there is a very very good chance that the PPC will eventually run out of steam. In the extremely unlikely event of the PPC issuing proceedings, this forum will help in your defence. You would win. STAND FIRM - do not be bullied – any concerns - please feel free to post further.

See Bernie's template letters in the "stickies" at the top of the forum.

[edited]....

If the parking people made a mistake ... point it out .. the OP obv is convinced he is fine and the PPC made a mistake ...

Why cause more paperwork/hastle to yourself than 1 simple letter staing the facts asking the PPC to prove otherwise and job done.....

I would like to point out to Interesting that I have just done exactly what he says above and ECP has completely ignored what I said and sent me another standard letter asking for payment so I have to got to the trouble of explaining it all again, but this time I am accusing them of making a false claim and if they do not desist I will pursue this.

To everyone else I say appealing to their sense of fair play is futile they are just a money gathering machine and have no interest in the truth!

Grumpy Old Goat who wants his money back.

Euro Car PArks employees DONT take any photos of vehicles, they dont have any VEL information spaces on their pads, and they dont take photos of the paperwork attached to vehicles. The attendants are not even issued with photo id badges.

Unless the car park you were in has cctv which euro have access to (VERY VERY UNLIKELY), then simply ignore them, as everyone else has said.

They had a spate of people who had got hold of a book of tickets in London recently, and started issuing them to all and sundry. It only came to light when someone complained to croydon council about it. God knows how many had paid !!.

All opinions & information are the personal view of the poster, and are not that of any organisation, company or employer. Any information disclosed by the poster is for personal use only. Permission to process this data under the Data Protection act is NOT GIVEN to any company, only personal readers.

We are talking about Euro Car Parks here. If anyone knows a SINGLE case which Euro Car Parks has taken to court then please post up the details.

In fact, the chances of being taken to court by a PPC are awfully slim.

Figures, released through freedom of information act, reveal that the DVLA "shopped" 1,343,903 Registered Keeper details to private companies last year.

At a conservative estimate, 50% of this trade would be to Private Parking Companies - 670,000 cases.

If our friend Perky is to be believed, 50% pay straight away [no requirement to get DVLA information], another 30% pay eventually leaving a "hard core" of 20% which are either written off or taken to court.

670,000 cases represents the 50% of people who don't pay straight away

268,000 cases represents the 20% of people who don't pay at all.

We know about maybe 10 cases that have gone to court. Let's say for a moment that the iceberg is huge and we only know about 1 case in 10.

CHANCE OF BEING TAKEN TO COURT BY A PPC

= 268,000 / 100 = Two Thousand Six Hundred and Eighty To One

Seems like pretty good odds to me :-)