Hutchinson 3 won't remove default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly hello to everyone !

I've been trying to get 3 to remove a default unfairly registered against me. I cancelled my contract at the end of the term and was told the account was settled. Then almost a year later I got declined for a new credit card, on checking my file I discovered they had defaulted me for £92.

I rang them up and they promised to remove the default and so I paid there and then, it has just been marked as settled and not removed as promised. I even have an email from their credit dept in India stating it will be removed.

I have written many letters, emails and phone numerous times but to no avail. I know they aren't regulated by the CCA so what can I do ?

I have just registered a complaint via Otello, will this help ?

Also have contacted credit agencies to dispute this info.

Is there any way I can register a default or start some court action against them to remove this unsubstantiated information on my credit file ?

If someone can give me a few pointers that would be great, I tried calling 3's Glasgow office but the snooty person on the switchboard refused to transfer me to the executive office !

Cheers

Si

Not much help but they did the same to me, they even told the CRA's that it was to be removed but in the end they just marked it satisfied, their use of the word default is very diffrent to the CRA's as after they marked it satisfied 3 nolonger refered to it a a default just a payment history :mad: must admit I gave up as I got nowhere with them they just dont want to know.

I've sent them a (Edit) letter demanding all the info the have on me, minus calls/text's. We shall wait and see what happens, I'm also speaking to a relative (solicitor) on best way to take these incompetant (Edit) to court.

Edited by ukaviator
Bypass of the Swear Filter

You owed them £92.00 for almost 12 mths, why didnt there contact you for payment, during that period ? Instead there defaulted you for non payment, if you havnt changed address, you have grounds there made no effort to seek this money or contact you in respect to the out-standing balance.... Saying that, you state the account was settled, so why did you pay the £92 , you should have seeked a breakdown of what the money was for, having the word settled upon the credit report, really wont make any differance, missed payments, fall off the report quicker than defaults, and ccjs....

Just the one default wouldnt make any differance to a credit card appilcation, banks are clamping down on giving such, due to recent happenings, and obtaining credit is and will continue to be harder, there used to give CCs to most folk whom applied, but now there fingers have been burnt, hence many with good even perfect credit records are been refused....

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

I paid it as it was owed but I was never made aware of it as they only bothered to send me 2 bills during my contract. I paid on the promise of the default being removed but they have'nt and refuse to.

This seems a common problem with 3 as their overseas call centre are incapable of deviating from a script and have no idea of UK law and or credit ratings !

This is one company I will never deal with again, a bunch of incompetant (Edit).

Edited by ukaviator
Bypass of Swear Filter

• 4 months later...

Well after getting Otelo involved and providing the evidence from 3's own credit control department guess what the default has finally gone ! Funny thing was after Otelo's decision 3 still had not removed the Default I rang their Glasgow office to be told the default will remain !! Explained haven't they read Otelo's letter which clearly states 3 must remove the default ? They replied yes but would not amend the credit file. A quick call to Otelo and within 48 hours I now have a clean sheet. So moral of this story is DON'T EVER, EVER USE HUTCHINSON 3, they are the biggest bunch of inept morons I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. And don't get me started on their Indian call centre ! Cheers Si