RCI Financial Services (formerly Renault Financial Services)

jkspepper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have previously sent a couple of letters to Renault Financial Services Limited and now I have received this as a reply, I then sent a reply to this letter but have heard nothing since.

I am now contemplating sending a LBA next and already I have a draft letter set up but I wanted some opinions of those with more experience first on how to proceed; here goes:

Thank you for you letter dated 27th November 2007.

I was extremely concerned to read of your issues that you have experienced with your Financial Agreement when dealing with RFS Limited.

Please be advised RFS Limited have merged with Nissan Finance forming RCI Financial Service Limited. As your Agreement was affirmed prior to July 2007, we hold no interest in the vehicle and have no information in regards to your Agreement.

I can advise that it states in the Terms and Conditions of your Finance Agreement that RFS Limited will charge for any missed payments on the Agreement and you will be charged if your Agreement falls in arrears. Please forward any documentation that you may have in relation to your claim along with a copy of your original Agreement and we will investigate your claim further. Unfortunately, without this documentation we are limited with the assistance that we can provide.

If you remain dissatisfied with the way these concerns have been addressed, you may wish to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You have six months from the date of this letter to do so. Please find enclosed the Financial Ombudsman Service leaflet entitled "Your complaint and the ombudsman".

Yours sincerely

Gary Janaway

Customer Services Assistant Manager

RCI Financial Services Limited

In reply to this I sent photocopies of the statements I received from the former RFS Limited detailing letter and telephone charges of £25 and £10 respectively making up charges of over £600.

I also asked to remove late charges on my credit file (numerous 1-4 month arrears markers).

How would you guys proceed?

Sure.

I don't have a default, my main aim to to get the arrears markers removed from my file (1 - 4 months in arrears) as it is damaging my credit profile. These late markers are from late payments to a HP agreement of £98 a month, but then I was charged £25 per letter and £10 per telephone call made to me from RFS.

The cash aspect I'm not too bothered about, although it would be a bonus if I got it.

Hi there,

I too am having problems with RFS/RCI they have not replied to any of my requests.

Could I just ask what letter you sent them,was it to have a default removed,or are you reclaiming the charges?

• 3 months later...

hi,

i am currently trying to email rci but cannot seem to get a link to them. i borrowed one year ago 16000 to buy a vehilcle and then when i got my settlement figure it was 15100 12 months later. 900 less yet 3400 paid. i spoke to them and said they have front loaded the interest and this was wrong. they say its not yet year two interest is 1200 and three is 1000.

eh if that is not then what is.

can anyone help...

moaner....

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys.

I also have been having problem with this finance company.

I took out a loan with them nearly 3 years ago. during this time thy have changed they name and address and failed to contact me to tell me their new mailing address/telephone number. I recently moved address so was unable to contact them to give my new deatails.

On a number of aoocasions during these three years they have, off their own back and not telling me, changed my direct debit date and taking the payment out when there is no money in my bank. I specificly set up direct debits on dates that I no money will be available. So anyways, they try and take the money out, no money is there and then they send me a letter informing me that i have missed a payment on a date that i never even new about and then that letter has cost me £25!!!

This has happend about 4 times in the last and a half and it has reduced my credit rating.

I have recently bought a new car and the dealers that i purchased the car from were to send a settlement cheque to them so everything would be payed up. However, they have still taking out this months car payment for a car i no longer have or should no longer be paying for.

Hmm... Funny that because RCIS took us to Court last year in connection with a finance agreement we had originally with RFS (i.e prior to July 2007). They certainly didn't let on to the judge that they didn't have any interest in the vehicle, and even managed to produce the CCA when we CPR 18'd them!!! ;)

WOOLWICH -S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 03/03/07 :cool:

LBA sent for non-compliance with Data Protection Act 28/04/07 :mad:

ABBEY - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 03/03/07 8)

• 3 months later...

I happened upon this as I'm trying to find contact details for RCI as i want to know how you go about settling up my 2006 new car loan!

I noticed your address is slightly different to the one on the official renault site. It says it's:-

RCI Financial Services Ltd,

PO Box 493,

Watford,

Wd17 1FJ

Here's the link Renault UK - Renault UK - legal info

Yesterday i went to a dealer for a quote p/x.....my £20K+ Top of the range 06 Grand Scenic they offered £6000. They then phoned a number which was answered instantly to find out a settlement figure.

I'm sorry REV but if you have had it paid the first thing you should have done is go cancel your direct debit as sometimes they remain active for a short period. At least this way if they tried to take it out it'd have been refused, they'd have contacted you where upon you could pass them onto the dealer that settled the intial loan!!!!

• 1 month later...

Contract Hire (18month) Renault Koleos - Renault renege on offer.

I signed up and ordered within hours of the advert going live.

on 22nd Jan, my agent told me... "Due to the huge number of proposals on the 18 month deal, no further proposals are being accepted.... Luckily your proposal reached the funder before the cut-off point."

Then five days later I'm told that RCI Financial Services are refusing to honour the proposals.

Is this one for Advertising Standards Authority?

On Wed 27th Jan....

I received this from my agent.

"VERY IMPORTANT - RCI will shortly be issuing revised rentals on Koleos FR+. However, there is currently an error in ePOS which is producing wildly differing quotes when quotations are requested with Dealer/Customer Own FON using the enhanced support levels. No quotes that have been produced in this way can be used and are therefore not valid. RCI will not honour any deal that has not yet been proposed and accepted. Please avoid quoting Koleos on ePOS until the new FR+ offers are advised"

along with ...

"Renault can offer you a specially subsidised deal which Renault have only offered to customers who were expecting the 18 month deal."

Does anyone have any idea what the specially subsidised deal is?

I recieved a county court letter from RCI yesterday- I was a little confused as to why I had this from them. It then dawned on me that this was for a renault clio I had purchased March 2005, unfortunatley september 2005 I was involved in an accident and the vehicle was written off by my insurer. Luckily I had purchased GAP insurance at the point of sale to cover any shortfalls in finance in a situation like this. In 2005 to my knowledge everything was settled on this finance and that was that I have never heard anything from them until yesterday- when I have contacted them this morning the guy has told me it looks like an error on there part and may have been calculated wrong at the time of cancellation. I am now waiting for a call back from them to give me an explanation- I am so angry with them considering my finance agreement was with RFS and not RCI.

Have they sent you a claim form JL ? Is it possible you can start a new thread on this.....you've got to acknowledge the claim within 14 days of the date on the form ? If you state defend then you get a further 14+3 days in which to submit your defence....

If you do start a new thread can you state what the Particulars Of The Claim are please ? Don't rely on them stopping action, and if you don't do anything then they will get judgement by default....

Hi, Yes they have sent me a claim form on the particulars it just says that I have failed to discharge liability and there is an outstanding balance of xxx.

Breakdown as follows

Settlement required £8xxx

Less amount recd from Tesco insurance £5xxx

Less amount recd from gap £1xxx

Should I send a defence to this as I am still waiting for them to call me back?

If you are struggling with the CCA.

Then the follow up letter is this one (send recorded)

Account In Dispute

Ref:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/xx, the contents of which have been noted.

You have failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement for the above account.

On **DATE** I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for the alleged account under consumer credit Act 1974 s77/8. A copy of which is enclosed for your perusal and ease of reference.

You have failed to comply with my request, and as such the account entered default on **DATE**.

The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement that contained all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both your company and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74 and subsequent Statutory Instruments. If the executed agreement contained any reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy of that document.In addition a full statement of this account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account.

Furthermore

You are aware that the Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for a request for a true copy of a credit agreement to be carried out before your client enters into a default situation.

This limit has expired.

As you are no doubt aware section 77(6) states:

If the creditor fails to comply with Subsection (1)

(a) He is not entitled , while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.

Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

As you have Failed to comply with a lawful request for a true, signed copy of the said agreement and other relevant documents mentioned in it, Failed to send a full statement of the account and Failed to provide any of the documentation requested.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Furthermore I shall counterclaim that any such action constitutes unlawful harassment.

Please note you may also consider this letter as a statutory notice under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect.

This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies.

Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data.

It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’; You must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends.

Should you not respond within 14 days I expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY

Action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

Whilst they have not provided the agreement then they are in default of that request and the debt is unenforceable in a court of law....

What also may be a good idea is to send them a SAR request.

You can use the one below (costs £10 for a SAR (send postal orders and send recorded)....

If they fail to answer your SAR which they MUST provide in 40 days, then you must send a LETTER BEFORE ACTION giving them a further 7 days, if they fail to respond then, then you can take them to court and the judge will award damages/compensation. There is NO excuse for NOT providing information unless they are incredibly poor at filing or good at throwing away documents.

The other option if they fail to send the CCA is this - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

This is the SAR to send..(recorded / guaranteed) with £10...

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with all data that you hold on me. This includes in particular, but is not limited to, the following:-

1. The original signed, executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of default and at the time the account was opened.

2. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor

3. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account formerly held with ORIGINAL CREDITOR.

4. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you or the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

5. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

6. Details of any collection charges added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

7. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

8. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

9. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

10. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

sign your name but put crosses through it so it can't be 'lifted'

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Hope you can offer a bit of advice if possible. I took a car finance out with RFS (now RCI) back in 2005. We swoped car in 2007 and Dixons were to pay off the finance, but they went into administration and the cheque bounced. They didn't tell us until march 2008 and the last letter we had stated they terminated the contract and agreed we were no longer in possession of the car with there consent. A year later we have got some sort of claim form for the money from the county court. We just don't know what to do ?! can you help ?

• 1 year later...

Hi I noticed this thread just by googling RFS - new to the site but wondered if there was a way of my using the details from the above customer services manager at the start of this thread for my case which I have 7 days (3 left) to submit a revised defence ????

My original post is Girl without a Clue. I atteneded court a couple of days ago as I would not give consent to amended Particulars of Claim - the Judge granted the request and advised I was foolish in incurring thousands in charges should the court find in the claimants favour in September. I will not receive the claimants defence until 2 weeks prioir to the final hearing.