DPA letter sent (Update: Preliminary letter now sent)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son used to have a Halifx account, but closed it because they were bleeding him dry with charges. He was a young lad with his first job finding his way financially. Even though we told the Halifax this, they weren't bothered. Every time he over spent slightly and missed a direct debit for his mobile or car loan, they whacked him with a hefty charge.

They refused to give him an overdrft to help him out (this would after all help my son but not the bank) so we moved him to Smile with a £500 overdraft facility. NO charges in the two years he's been with Smile!! QED

So, I have sent a letter off special delivery to the Halifax requesting all charges going back six years.

Thanks for the site by the way. This is marvellous!!

Well, they have replied. A bit of a strange letter. Not sure what this is intended for?

The text is as follows.

Complaint

Dear Mr H,

Thank you for your letter of the 8th March concerning the above mentioned account.

In order to respond in full to the points you have raised, I am currently making some further investigations and I will be in a position to reply to you shortly.

Yours sincerely,

Sam Rainbow

I sent them the standard DPA letter from the library. There was no mention of it being a complaint!!

Did you send the £10?

You should send it. Strictly, it is not a valid DPA request until it is received.

They could reply back in 40 days and say that the clock hasn't started ticking - and they would be right.

Don't let them be right.

Do you think it's odd that they've labelled it as a 'complaint'. It was after all a simple request for imformation.

It show's how they are now perceiving these requests!!

They are idiots. Send them the DPA request again with the money.

OK. They have sent me the list of charges before I sent them any money! :shock:

The "Preliminary approach for repayment" letter is going off special delivery this morning. I'll keep you advised.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure what's going on now!! The Halifax wrote and offered £560 as they had calculated that this was all they had to pay. They gave me seven days to accept. I wrote back by return (last Thursday) with a copy of the statements they sent to me with each entry highlighted!! This amounted to £925 and I told them that this was the amount I would accept and that I rejected their offer. However, I now see that they have paid £560 plus costs into the bank account!!! I have not received a reply to my last letter rejecting this offer. What are they doing????

• 8 months later...

Thanks:-D site really useful. Will be sending them preliminary letter asap! Bank charges are a joke seriously halifax told me that my a/c was froze but yet there still taking £28 of me for being over my overdraft???? how can they do that if its frozen???? :???:

hi i am new to this so i might have done it wrong

i just wrote to halifax and asked for the last six years statments told them

that i would be expecting no more than a £10 charge.

two days later they took £5 out of my account, then three days later

i recieved my statments.

hope i posted in the right place.

Hello all,

Welcome to the forum.

The best way to get all the help you need is to make your own thread.

At the bottom of the threads there is a box marked NEW THREAD.

If you start one here it will be yours and if you keep adding to it we can all see where you are.

Dont be afraid to ask anything, we all help each other on here..! :D

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 8 months later...
Hello all,

Welcome to the forum.

The best way to get all the help you need is to make your own thread.

At the bottom of the threads there is a box marked NEW THREAD.

If you start one here it will be yours and if you keep adding to it we can all see where you are.

Dont be afraid to ask anything, we all help each other on here..! :D

:confused: I am sorry to bother you, but I still cant find box to enter a new thread and I have a question to ask.

Everything you need to find your way around this site is in this link.

It really is excellent, and will help you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks