Help! Final Charging Order Hearing in 2 days!

Missy06

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a hearing next Monday.

Natwest was granted a Final CO on my main residence (I have another 1 other property) in June 07 and are now looking at enforcing a sale on my council property. There is no equity in the property once I pay off my main mortgage and 2nd charge. The amount owed is about 11,000. I offered a repayment of 50.00 when I couldn't make the loan and o/d repayments of 200.00 but was turned down and taken to court by Natwest.

My area is undergoing regenration and the property itself is under CPO (Compulsory Purchase Order). When I tried to remortgage last year no lender would even do a survey, talk less of lending on it! So I suppose only a cash buyer could consider buying it, which cuts out I suppose about 90% of the market.....I may be wrong.:-?

The council have given me a recent written valuation which I was hoping to go into court with to defend my case.

Is there anything else I can do at this late stage? Please what do I do?:Cry:

Mint - Won! WCO not granted by court. :)

BlackHorse Loan- Won! WCO not granted. :)

Easy Money & More Than (Lloyds) - Won! Had been offered half of settlement prior but declined. :)

Capital One - Won! :)

BlackHorse PPI- WON £3,000, Claimed 4,500! :)

CitiFinancial - WON! :)

Monument - N1 Submitted Feb09

Cahoot - N1 submitted Feb09

ps: I haven't made any payments since the charging order....In hindsight, I wish I had just been sending them the 50.00 I'd offered!:Cry:

pps: for clarity my main residence is the council property.

ppps: My main mortgage and 2nd charge both come to about 95,000 and the valuation the council is for 100,000. Natwest say they had a 'drive by' survey done and say they value the property at 140k!!

Even I know that if I put it on the open market, I could never get anything in that region!!...thieves!!:shock:

Easy Money & More Than (Lloyds) - Won! Had been offered half of settlement prior but declined. :)

Ok I've called the court (after being put on hold for 40 minutes!) and been told I can put in an N244 so as to have the hearing adjourned (another 40.00 out of my pocket!).

I think I need to get an estate agent in to cross check the value of the property (it just might be less than the council has valued it (u never know!)

It'll also give me time to go thru the figures they say I owe them as I sent a prelim to have a refund of bank charges in Nov 07 but was sent the standard letter re: the OFT case. So the account I'm assuming can be said to be in dispute.....or am I wrong?

Aside from this, although the accounts have been 'closed', I still get Pre-Advice details of charges every month of around 140.00 p/m! I still got one today!!

Anyone have any other thoughts?

It is certainly worth getting that valuation ASAP as we can look at oposing the order for sale.

Do you have children?

Are they adding these charges to the debt? I'm confused by the £140 thing.

I already have a valuation for 100k (from November 07) which was sent to me from the council (when I was considering selling the property to them under the Compulsory Purchase Order).

The new valuation I'm making reference to is to get an estate agent out to just estimate wether the 100k valuation (from the council) is about right or maybe even too high. My thought is that if the estate agent values it at around 95k, I have grounds for opposing the sale. I've called my lender and I have a total of 97k outstanding with them.

I don't have any children.

I think they're adding charges to the debt. I can't confirm until I go throught all my statements and charges they keep sending me in the post.

The 140k is the amount Natwest have valued the property at. Apparantly, they instructed a 'drive by' survey to be carried out and the surveyor they used says the property is worth 140k according to them (i.e. the surveyor).

Hope that clarifies things?