style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Often this is the primary concern when a bailiff has visited that you want to protect your goods, but its all part of the bailiff trying to take control. The bailiff cannot take goods without a levy, which they can only do if you let them in and sign it. They nearly always do not want to get involved in removing goods as they only get a very small bonus based on paid in full cases hence time verses reward. read my bailif section regarding what to do next, as for a stat deck the bailiff will probebly reply with you will need to prove ownership at auction. focus on getting the case put on hold and learning your rights rather than what they can and cant take as this is where they want you. ring if you need me (EDIT)

• Haha 1

as for a stat deck the bailiff will probebly reply with you will need to prove ownership at auction

That's interesting, so if not a Statutory declaration, how would you suggest a third party claims back goods that have been listed on a Walking possession agreement?

Hello sorry for the delay in reply, I have been reading up on CAG terms and conditions as I got in trouble for listing my web site and phone number, Its sorted now though. I think you will find there is term attached to a walking possession order typically 7 days but I am going to check for you.

Kind regards Inteluk

Hi, I had a bailiff turn up on my door this morning, he made me aware that if I refused entry he would call the police in to assist him gain entry to my property, I am aware that the police are only there in case of a breach of peace and not to assist the bailiff. Anyway, he briefly flashed a warrant in front of me stating he was working on behalf of HMCS Surrey regarding an RT offence, I am aware of the debt and stupidly thought it would go away. i called the bailiff back this afternoon and asked if there was a way we could sort this out so that I could make monthly payments, he says he would have to contact the court and let me know, this sounds a bit dubious as I thought they would want to accept some kind of payment instead of me turning round saying I do not have the full amount, he asked if I could borrow it from someone (at this time of year).

I want to get myself out of the debt I have stupidly got myself into and willing to make payments to whoever.

On another note I read somewhere that the warrant he flashed can only be valid for 1 year 7 days, anyone know if this is correct.

Any help that is offered will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Intel,

I owed £1017.00 in council tax for this year.

Today a bailiff turned up at my door and posted a notice of distress with my car registation number on. (My car is worth almost £10,000). The distress notice states i still owe £1017.00 council tax + fees. I have paid off over £600 to the council through their web site, So the debt is nowhere near what they are claiming I owe. I also thought that as soon as a payment was accepted from the council they had agreed to take the debt back from the bailiffs.

Where do I stand with this and can they take my car even though I have not signed the distress notice?

x Roz x

Hi Intel,

I owed £1017.00 in council tax for this year.

Today a bailiff turned up at my door and posted a notice of distress with my car registation number on. (My car is worth almost £10,000). The distress notice states i still owe £1017.00 council tax + fees. I have paid off over £600 to the council through their web site, So the debt is nowhere near what they are claiming I owe. I also thought that as soon as a payment was accepted from the council they had agreed to take the debt back from the bailiffs.

Where do I stand with this and can they take my car even though I have not signed the distress notice?

x Roz x

If your car is on HP or hired/leased then they can't levy on it and you should inform them in writing straightaway.

If the council agree to take payment then yes the bailiffs are no longer involved, but that's not likely to happen unless the bailiffs give the account back.

However if you pay it all off via the councils website then the bailiffs are stopped from "proceeding with the levy".

You need to find out his / her full name to find out if there certificated, also what there saying about the police is rubbish. Find out who they work for and write recorded delivery (dont phone) asking for full details of the case and original debt. Contact me by PM for further help if you would like!

The client is the only one who can withdraw the case from the bailiff, the bailiff firm never give back the account except for non traceable cases. The issue of bailiffs clamping cars and levying is one of the most abused in the industry. They must DVLA check a car for clearence of finance before levying. If a bailiff turns up and says they have levied your car, write to the bailiff firm recorded requesting a copy of the levy sheet, plus ask for a breakdown in costs. (photograph them with your mobile) If they clamp your car calmly photograph the clamp on the car, its all intimidation on there part and they usually only have one clamp and wont want to leave it. Goto the council and ask for the case to be returned due to bailiff unauthorised levy. Always check there name for being certificated, ask the bailiff firm to provide information that they are bonded. if there is no finance on the car they can levy the car, if you have made payment through the council website request in writing the case has been de-alocated from the bailiff firm. Always ask the bailiff firm in writing sent recorded for a breakdwon of costs, cheers Inteluk

i have question i have paid my debt to the council and now the bailiffs say i owe him 218 pound ive asked rossendales for a breakdown but have heard nothing yet now thats paid surely rossendales have to take out a court summons or letters telling me i owe this money? no way is the so called bailiff getting my money at the door step even tho he has posted a letter telling me his is coming in my house this morning to take my stuff when all they levied on was a trailer with rubbish in it an old wheelbarrow last june 07

In order for them to recover fees from you....they need to be instructed by the council to do so. Strange but true.

Any claim would have to be a small claims action through the court.....and they would have to provide details of how they have arrived at an amount.

Could be very interesting....

can anyone advise me on this.

I owe £575 including bailiff charges, i have offered to pay him £100 a month (which is all i can afford) but he will not accept this, and says he wants the total amount otherwise they can send the police to my work and arrest me to to go to court that day - can they do this?

Hi 1der.

Can you start a new thread with a little more detail.

What is the debt for ?

How far involved are the bailiffs ?

As much info as you are prepared to give, will help us give you the best answers.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

• 8 years later...
In order for them to recover fees from you....they need to be instructed by the council to do so. Strange but true.

Any claim would have to be a small claims action through the court.....and they would have to provide details of how they have arrived at an amount.

Could be very interesting....

I know this was some years

Ago I posted this but incase it helps anyone else the bailiff NEVER DID ask for the money ..