Abbey CCA & PPI

miss muppet

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, would be grateful for some advice. Abbey have only supplied a reconstructed agreement in reply to my request and are also in default of my SAR, have sent them the 7 day letter or court action and they are now threatening court action to take a charge on my house. My question is as I now want to issue the NI for non compliance, can I make the mis-selling of the PPI all part of the same claim or do they have to be separate? The account dates from c.1998:confused:

Hi all, would be grateful for some advice. Abbey have only supplied a reconstructed agreement in reply to my request and are also in default of my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), have sent them the 7 day letter or court action and they are now threatening court action to take a charge on my house. My question is as I now want to issue the NI for non compliance, can I make the mis-selling of the PPI all part of the same claim or do they have to be separate? The account dates from c.1998:confused:

Hello Miss Muppet,

I am in the same position as yourself. The Nastywest are after me whilst the account is in dispute, no ca and mis-sold ppi. I am not paying them at present till they pay up on the ppi, so a bit of a mexican standoff. I would be more than happy to pay them to settle the account with what they owe me and I would still be quids in:D

I have been advised to push forward with the ppi claim, and ask for the information regarding the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and the CA under the CPR.

There is some important advice from Alanfromderby on Tonycee's thread regarding this.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Thanks HHNF for the information will have a look at that, had a 50% offer on PPI from JD Williams to-day, its more than I was estimating so as I have so much going on with mine and OH's accounts, am of a mind to accept! You sound like you're keeping your end up with NastyWest, my other one is HBOS, just about to start with that one!

Thanks HHNF for the information will have a look at that, had a 50% offer on PPI from JD Williams to-day, its more than I was estimating so as I have so much going on with mine and OH's accounts, am of a mind to accept! You sound like you're keeping your end up with NastyWest, my other one is HBOS, just about to start with that one!

Don't accept! If they are willing to offer you 50% to go away, they obviously realise that they are in the wrong and will give you the full amount that they owe you. That's the part to remember - If they mis-sold you PPI, they wrongly took that money from you. That money is yours and therefore you deserve to have it back.

Thanks Filthymonkey, I think you are right, have been pondering on it overnight, they say that I should go to the FOS if I'm unhappy but they doubt they will deal with it as the date of sale of the policy took place before they took over in January 2005. This of course is irrelevant as I wasen't sold this policy, just had it added!:evil: