lowells portfolio

padwell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone i must apologize as i posted this original letter on some one else thread so now made my own now i know what i did wrong. hello to the consumer action group community i to have been contacted by lowells saying that i owe loyds tsb £318 to my parents address basicaly saying pay the debt or they will send a collector round as you could imagine my parents was not best pleased i also received a phone call off them saying that i owe this money i said that i am not paying a penny until i find out exactly what i owe the money for they could not give me anymore information except i owe this money and said i have to pay it leaving me a bit cheesed off that they could not tell me what i owed it for so just to get them off my back i gave them my new postal address strictly telling them that its a co address as i dont live there and said that i would have to pay even though i dont know what i owe it for so give them my bank account number to take it out as a direct debit which is due on the 28 of december i have not paid any money to them yet even though they wanted a deposit off me i would be grateful for any advise to what i sould do. Should i cancel the direct debit instruction which i seriously considering or just pay it also when i said i would pay they reduce the amount to £286.sorry i am writing here but dont know the best place to place my problem.

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("1298642") report.gif

If you don't know what the debt is for, how do you know it's even your debt?

cancel any direct debit/standing order and make them prove a. the debt is yours and b. they have a legal right to collect on it.

Dont ever speak to these people on the phone, they tell lies and attempt to scare you, trying to get you to pay more than you can afford.

Send them the following: copied from another thread.

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY OR ANY YOUR PURPORT TO REPRESENT

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves