new company taken over my debt

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4651 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

can you please tell me where i can find the template, that you send when another compant takes over a debt.

thank you

Thank You For Helping Me, I Really Appreciate It. Rest Assured I Will Click On Your Scales

:)

If I have been of any help to you, please add to my reputation points by clicking the middle icon, at the bottom left. Thank You

Get wots 'rightfully yours' the CAG way: friendly & approachable - tried & tested - step by step - Great Results!

My Final Word,

Any advice is given in my opinion only, i have no legal knowledge whatsoever, only knowledge & experience gained from CAG.

Hi rightfully,

What do you mean by template for when someone else takes over your debt?

Do you mean to CCA them or ask them why? Sorry could you clarify please?

Thanks,

Penfold

Penfold

(feel free to click the scales on the left if I said something that helps)

Due to recent issues I have had....

All posts written by me and involving my opinions and written without any legal knowledge are....

Without Prejudice

sorry im not too clear on what to do myself..

yes i think it is the CCA, thats when a different company take over a debt from another. we have never heard of Thames Credit Ltd before, and dont know where this debt has come from.

Thank you for trying to help.

Thank You For Helping Me, I Really Appreciate It. Rest Assured I Will Click On Your Scales

If I have been of any help to you, please add to my reputation points by clicking the middle icon, at the bottom left. Thank You

Get wots 'rightfully yours' the CAG way: friendly & approachable - tried & tested - step by step - Great Results!

My Final Word,

Any advice is given in my opinion only, i have no legal knowledge whatsoever, only knowledge & experience gained from CAG.

sorry im not too clear on what to do myself..

yes i think it is the CCA, thats when a different company take over a debt from another. we have never heard of Thames Credit Ltd before, and dont know where this debt has come from.

Thank you for trying to help.

Hi no worries always try to help where I can. Is this what you are looking for:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

I think Letter N... Just shout if I can help anymore,

Penfold

Penfold

All posts written by me and involving my opinions and written without any legal knowledge are....

Without Prejudice

Thank You Penfold, thats just what i needed. :D

you're a star

My Final Word,

Thank You Penfold, thats just what i needed. :D

you're a star

No problems, but feel free to click the scales...

Penfold

Penfold

Without Prejudice

• 3 weeks later...

Hi wrote the letter and sent it recorded delivery on the 15th jan, got a reply from them dated 24th jan..

it says:

Dear Sirs

Agreement No #######

We refer to previous correspondence.

You requested documents citing the Consumer Credit Act 1974. We have now recieved a copy of the agreement.

Please contact this office on the telephone number above to discuss this matter further.

Yours faithfully

-------------------------------------------------------

So my question is what should I do now? and were they not supposed to send me the details within a certain time?

Thanking You for your help.

My Final Word,

be gratefull for your advice

My Final Word,

So I just wait until the 12 days are up ! then what do I do?

thanks for your help :-)

My Final Word,

You are not required to do anything or pay anything if they do not supply an enforceable CCA.

You can also cancel payments to who you were paying the debt to prior to thames requesting payment.

If anything turns up in the mail scan and post it on here.

You will almost certainly be sent some unpleasant letters don't worry about them just let us know what has been sent.

Never ever speak to them on the phone.

Cheers

Cas

Hi Rightfully,

They must supply the agreement as part of the request, just keep us posted...

Penfold

Penfold

Without Prejudice

Thank you so much for your help and reassurance guys,

as yet have not heard a thing, I never talk to anyone on the phone always say they got wrong number to anyone thats not family or friends.

Im not sure what its for..

I will keep you posted,

Thanks much appreciated. :grin:

My Final Word,

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Thought I would keep you posted as promised, I have now recieved a letter as follows:

Our ref:*******

Creditor: Equidebt Ltd (Formerly Barclay Card)

I confirm reciept of your letter dated 22nd Feb 08 and the enclosed payment of £1. A request has been placed with our client for a copy of the Consumer Credit Act document and the account has been placed on hold until this matter has been resolved and no further collection activity will occur.

If in the meantime you need to contact us about any aspect of this matter please call the following freephone number 08005872756 or write to us at the following address:

Compliance Department

ECI

Wquity House

Ettington Road

Wellesbourne

Warwickshire

CV35 9GA

yours sincerely

Kevin Kennedy

Senior Advisor

Compliance Department

ECI

So please send me your thoughts on this..

thanks

My Final Word,

bump

My Final Word,

standard letter...do not call them wait and see what they produce mate,

Penfold

Penfold

Without Prejudice

Thanks Penfold Once Again :)

My Final Word,