Equidebt Ltd now Thames Credit Ltd chasing old Barclaycard debt

rightfullymine
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sorry im not too clear on what to do myself..

yes i think it is the CCA, thats when a different company take over a debt from another. we have never heard of Thames Credit Ltd before, and dont know where this debt has come from.

Thank you for trying to help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi wrote the letter and sent it recorded delivery on the 15th jan, got a reply from them dated 24th jan..

it says:

Dear Sirs

Agreement No #######

We refer to previous correspondence.

You requested documents citing the Consumer Credit Act 1974. We have now received a copy of the agreement.

Please contact this office on the telephone number above to discuss this matter further.

Yours faithfully

-------------------------------------------------------

my question is what should I do now? and were they not supposed to send me the details within a certain time?

Thanking You for your help.

be grateful for your advice

You are not required to do anything or pay anything if they do not supply an enforceable CCA.

You can also cancel payments to who you were paying the debt to prior to thames requesting payment.

If anything turns up in the mail scan and post it on here.

You will almost certainly be sent some unpleasant letters don't worry about them just let us know what has been sent.

Never ever speak to them on the phone.

Cheers

Cas

Thank you so much for your help and reassurance guys,

as yet have not heard a thing, I never talk to anyone on the phone always say they got wrong number to anyone thats not family or friends.

Im not sure what its for..

I will keep you posted,

Thanks much appreciated. :grin:

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Thought I would keep you posted as promised, I have now recieved a letter as follows:

Our ref:*******

Creditor: Equidebt Ltd (Formerly Barclay Card)

I confirm reciept of your letter dated 22nd Feb 08 and the enclosed payment of £1. A request has been placed with our client for a copy of the Consumer Credit Act document and the account has been placed on hold until this matter has been resolved and no further collection activity will occur.

If in the meantime you need to contact us about any aspect of this matter please call the following freephone number 08005872756 or write to us at the following address:

Compliance Department

ECI

Wquity House

Ettington Road

Wellesbourne

Warwickshire

CV35 9GA

yours sincerely

Kevin Kennedy

Senior Advisor

Compliance Department

ECI

So please send me your thoughts on this..

thanks

bump

• dx100uk changed the title to Equidebt Ltd now Thames Credit Ltd chasing old Barclaycard debt