sandeeeee

Scotland time scale to claim?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4341 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

I asked for my bank statements May 6th 2006. Can I claim 5 years back from that date or is it 5years from today?

Regards

Sorry but you cant claim from that date, you need to initiate the claim process and keep at it.

I dont know off hand the difference between the statute of limitations, and the Financial Ombudsman guidlines under section 2.3 Time Limits

More than six years after the event complained of or (if later) more than 3 years from the date of which he became aware (or ought reasonably to have become aware) that he had cause for complaint, unless he has referred the complaint to the firm or the ombudsman within that period and has written acknowledgement or some record of the complaint having been received.

If you sent off the standard SAR for your statements you will have a line in that request stating if you find anything untoward, you will be claiming back the charges, or words to that effect, i believe you have 3 years from you became aware you had been unlawfully charged so i therefore believe you can claim the 5years from may 06.

Would complaining to the bank count as claiming? or would the complaint have to be presented to the court? Just enquiring as I rejected a goodwill offer July 2007 and the RBS said they would look in to it further.. then the bomb went off!! Now I dont know if my initial complaint to the bank would count. I dont want to lose any of my claim since this test case looks like dragging on for ages.

27th April - Requested Statements

13th May - Received Statements:D

15th May - Preliminary request for £4780 sent.:D

16th May - Royal Mail confirm Letter received.:D

23rd May - Received Letter considering claim. :grin:

30th May - Letter Before Action sent. :D

10th July - Times Up!! FOS claim going in.

16th July - Measly 30% of claim offered as goodwill

17th July - Rejected offer letter sent

25th July - Acknowledgement of Reject Letter received

26th July - Screwed over by the OFT,Banks, FSA & FOS all in one go.:evil:

Never even felt it happen.

However if after I think 12 weeks no correspondance has been forthcoming the bank will consider the complaint closed if indeed it was a complaint and not only a request for statements. If you havent followed up by sending a prelim then LBA then it dosent look good.

Bigmac, If your post was for me I had sent a prelim and an LBA so the bank do have a note of my complaint. They also said they would be back in touch after i rejected their offer but I havent heard anything since. Funny how the terms of the waiver stated that they need to keep customers informed eh?

27th April - Requested Statements

13th May - Received Statements:D

15th May - Preliminary request for £4780 sent.:D

16th May - Royal Mail confirm Letter received.:D

23rd May - Received Letter considering claim. :grin:

30th May - Letter Before Action sent. :D

10th July - Times Up!! FOS claim going in.

16th July - Measly 30% of claim offered as goodwill

17th July - Rejected offer letter sent

25th July - Acknowledgement of Reject Letter received

26th July - Screwed over by the OFT,Banks, FSA & FOS all in one go.:evil:

Never even felt it happen.

Deso sounds like your complaint has been logged at the bank I would say you would be ok.

Hi guys, what do you think would happen if you were shown to have gotten the dates wrong? Do you think the claim would just be adjusted or would you have to start all over again? I started a claim back last summer but i think i only got to the prelim letter part and haven't done anything after hearing claims were being stayed. I think i still have the recoded del. slip for the letter and i checked online, it was recieved, no reply though. Cheers