PCN with Incorrect Registration

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I've read through other posts relating to similar situations on the forum but wondered if anyone has a definitive answer.

The £100 PCN (£50 14 days) was issued by Merton County Council on Monday 14/01/08 as I was parked on a single yellow line at 22:11 in Graham Road, SW19. You naturally assume that after 6.30pm parking on a single yellow is permissable but apparantly not. On seeing the PCN I looked more carefully and there were pay and display shared bays opposite. The sign for bays showed "Permit Holders - others pay at meter. Display ticket Mon - Sat 8.30am - 11pm. Sun 2pm - 6pm. Max Stay 2 Hours." http://www.merton.gov.uk/pdfw4-oct07.pdf

There are no signs on the side I was parked stating the hours that the yellow line is enforced.

However, on getting home I noticed that the registration on the PCN is marked as xx05 xxx, not xx55 xxx.

The car make is listed on the PCN as is the Tax Disc VEL Number but the Model is blank.

So...

1) Does anyone know if Merton County use photographic evidence?

2) Is this PCN valid as there was no sign stating what time the single yellow line was enforced, however there was the sign mentioned above on the other side of the street and further down on my side of the road where there were more bays?

3) Should I ingore it as the reg on the ticket doesn't exist (I checked at mycarcheck.com).

4) Should I write to them with precise wording to say that the ticket is invalid as the vehicle reg is incorrect (and does anyone know if this wording is available online) but this may taken as admitting the offence?

Any advice very welcome - thank you.

The PCN is not valid as a result of the incorrect registration number. Write to them and advise them the PCN is invalid because of the incorrect registration on the PCN.

I wouldn't because they then may seek to rectify it under the slip rule. I would hold on to the PCN and wait and see what happens. If there is an owner of xx05 xxx they will get the NTO and their appeal will make the LA realise their error.

There is a small risk that you will be tracked via photos or the VEL no but I doubt it and that is when I would contest the invalidity of the PCN.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Does the slip rule apply in respect of PCN's that have already been issued with the incorrect VRM written in? I was under the impression the slip rule only applied in respect of documents being put before a criminal court, but I stand to be corrected if it also applies with PCN's.

Does the slip rule apply in respect of PCN's that have already been issued with the incorrect VRM written in? I was under the impression the slip rule only applied in respect of documents being put before a criminal court, but I stand to be corrected if it also applies with PCN's.

Good point and I don't know to tell the truth.

It will help me on another matter if the slip rule does not apply!

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.