CapQuest

ananya

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have reported them to the OFT for the way they have treated me via the Consumer Direct website and I have a very friendly lady looking in to their activities from the OFT.

I would just like to say that don't hold back, if anyone has had dealings with them that were far from pleasant (I'm trying to be tactful here!) then report them to Consumer Direct, if enough of us complain then only good things can happen :)

I've also sent them 2 CCA requests for the 2 accounts they are trying to threaten me with, let's see what happens next and if they'll give me any more ammunition.

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10

Well, I am currently having dealings with this bunch of shysters. About a month ago they had the audacity to send me a letter demanding money from a long ago settled catalogue account ( as far as I remember the account was settled back in 2001!). This was before I came here and learned a few lessons regarding the law lol. Being naive I phoned them straight away (I actually thought someone was [causing problems] me, as you do :-| ) They assured me they were genuine so I told them someone must've been using my details to obtain credit. They then asked me if I was saying that someone had fraudulently used my name/details, etc. I told them I don't know, you tell me! You're the one demanding money LOL! The guy then went on to suggest I write to them disputing the debt for those reasons and that someone would phone me in due course.

I then phoned said catalogue and got them to check both my current and previous address (where I was living at the time the account was open) and they had nothing whatsoever on me. I was told that if I'd defaulted and my account passed on it would've shown. Then I got angry, grrr :mad: And I got on the internet and googled CapQuest. I found several complaints on Grumbletext and found out about the CCA stuff.

I also found out that if I did for some reason still owe this (small) amount it would by now be statute barred. But I thought I'd play with them first, as you do :D So I CCA'd them. They sent me the standard crapquest 28 days account on hold letter, that was written back on the 17th December and I still haven't heard anything. Nitto, zilch, diddly squat. The twelve day deadline came and went without a murmer (as expected) and I'm now just waiting. I'm not worried, just disappointed they haven't written back yet LOL!

What annoys me is that many people would've received the threatening letter I received and paid up out of fright. I now realise that they were probably phishing and I should've ignored the letter but human nature dicatates otherwise (unless you're a CAG member and better informed lol).

I guess my saviour is my incredibly tight nature. Had many debt problems in the past and NO dca is going to get the better of me again. I am not going to part with any money to any old Tom Dick or Crapquest who demands it!

It is my full intention to report this bunch of (edit) to the OFT and TS as soon I feel the matter is closed. Either they reply to my CCA or (with any luck) they start demanding money - in which case I will duly shove the statute barred letter from this site somewhere they'll be on a REAL Quest to find :eek:

Sorry for the long rant!

Good luck BrandiBroke :)

I've not heard anything from my CCA requests yet but I did get a letter from them today, dated before I sent the CCA letter, telling me my account was being prepared for legal action, oh how I'm shaking in my boots!

I have also panicked in the past and got straight on the phone to DCAs who demand money, which is exactly what they want, well no more for me either.

It will be interesting if they come up with anything for me.

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10