style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4821 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could anyone help me with this please? I contacted customer services today to find out the address where I can get a copy of my statements from. The guy on the other end of the phone told me that the preference account is a debit card (that offers credit up to 4,500) but it is not a credit card and it is not a bank account.

So I am a bit confused. Who do you think I should contact? customer services in dunfermiline as sugested? and what type of template should I use?

Aaargh:|

You should find what you are looking for in here *** RBS Contact Information ***

If you have any correspondence from them regarding this account then use the address on there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

• 2 months later...

Hi gearboxfixer, I've only just read your thread while reading through some other Halifax stuff.

I don't know if you've already resolved your problem, but if not it would be very well worth your while sending a CCA request for this account. Did you by any chance receive it when got hire purchase on something like a car?

If so, you will almost certainly find that there is no enforceable agreement whatsoever.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• 4 weeks later...

Help, I am having so many problems with BOS Preference account, I could just ( and have been) cry.

The account is about 11 years old, clueless how I got it, but suspect it was through a long since paid car finance.

Paid perfectly since then, until recently when I have asked for reduced payments and suspended interest int the short term, have been writing since Jan, sending financial statements etc ( all sent recorded ) and have had no written reply to any, they seem to just ignore the content and keep churning out demand for payment.

Anyway, I have contacted them about 6 times this week by phone, requested a manager callback on tues, now sat night and no call, regarding suspension of interest, but also re the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) I sent on 19th feb, which surprise surprise I have had no reply to.

They are still charging £190.00 mth interest, PLUS £25.00 late payment fee, which I have been disputing, but they will not have it........they cant tell me what sort of account it is..................I am getting conflicting information and being passed from pillar to post. I am making regular payments (although not meeting the minimum £440 a month)

Please help me! WHAT DO I DO NEXT!!!!!!

Hiya Ym welcome to cag

If you start your own thread,that way you will get the help you need and not get lost

on this thread.

Tilly

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Yummymummy,

Have you sent them the CCA request? This is a request which they have to respond to by law, which will reveal to you the basis on which this debt is being paid - and it should show you whether or not the 'agreement' you have with them is enforceable. I would urge you to send this request off as soon as you can. If may turn out that they have no legally enforceable agreement, in which case you are then in a strong position.

Kind regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.