Style Financial Services Issue

AmirG

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I recently applied for a job at HBOS I successfully passed all the stages of recruitment, when it came to the integrity check I failed as a Style credit card was opened under my name with incorrect DOB the account is mine, but somehow my DOB appears wrong, for this little issue I was declined the job. I disputed the information on my credit report, this would be the first time I would request a credit report so it was free and I never thought I'd have to this, anyway I contacted the Style directly, and as my information is more than 2 years old they can't find me on the system using my personal information.

I have disputed this through Equifax and they have 28 days now only 17 days to either amend the details or remove it. I mean everything on my file is satisfied no late payements ever so I can't believe a little error as such would mean am sat here with no employment. I was a student all this time now currently looking for fulltime employment this has been a issue.

HBOS said they will do a recheck as I got equifax to put a notice of correction/dispute so I should here from HBOS tomorrow with the results, alongside I have also passed Barclays interview selection process and have been offered a job but the risk assessment which is basically a credit check results come tomorrow aswell.

I will let you know what happens tomorrow, but any advice would be appretiated.

Thanks

Thats terrible. I hope you have some good news from HBOS.

Keep us updated.

Sorry i can't offer any other advice but hopefully someone else may see this and be able to help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE