help required please !

prpro760
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i don't know if anyone can help me. i keep receiveing some final reminder form a magistrate court for fine tht apprently i incur for which i supposed to not have pay a metro ticket. however, i have never received any kind of paperwork asking me that the court action was made against me ... however to date i paid 60 pounds whihc at the begining was for a two fine made on the same date xx/04/2007 one for 60.00 amnd an other for 40 pounds.

in april 2004, i recieved a notice of fine/registration by a magistrate court for the sum of 100.00 this notice was signed by a designated officer ?!

i was order to pay at the rate of 5 pounds/week so far i already paid 60 pounds toward it.

- november 2007, i reveived a final reminder/further steps notice from the same magistrate court but this is where i have a problem with they show ina table that on the xx/06/2007 trhe amount imposed was 220.00 and the amount outstanding is 160.00 pounds, so so far so good 60 pounds already paid up. ther there is the problem i really though i already paid everything up to that point. anyway i have thsoe ;letter threatening me with all sort , so how a fine of 100 pounds sudely shoot up to 220 pounds ?

- begining if janaury 2008 i received this very contradicting letter from the same magistrate court, by the designated officer no name whatsoever, don't where i stand on this one. balance outstanding 160 pounds . this what the letter said

i am writing with regard the above accpount.

due to your failure to pay as ordered by the court, a distress warrant has been issued to the court bailiff. the bailiff is now authorised to seize goods to recover the sum due to the court together with any additional costs incurred.

to avoid the distress warrant being forwarded to the bailiff you are now required to pay the balance outstanding above infull to the bailiff... the rest is on how to make paymkent by phone...

- then today i recieved an other letter with the big title ORDER FOR PAYMENT OF FINES ETC.... in this letter i have been order to pay 220.00 pounds.

here this why i am confused about i have never received any claim first i dind;t pay the correct fare on the train, plus any claim that the matter was being dealt by the magistrate court. i am not sure what a distress warrant is? i have never received an order of judgement form any court but only some notice of payment ?

so what shoudl i do now ? can i contest this order as i have never received any kind of paperwork ?

Hi, have i got this right:

You had a metrolink fine, with an installment order of £220 in £5 payments

you have failed to pay an installment of the fine, and ignored the court order to pay the reminder; resulting in the distress warrant being issued.

Is the £220 you mention latter the same fine, or is it a new fine?

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

hi tomterm yes it is withg metrolink however the amount that i pay originally was for 100 pounds . the thing is i pay 60 pounds towards it leaving 40 pounds ok i am not the best one at budgeting but there i have some reservation for a fine of 100 pounds to jump without my knowledge to 220 pounds then..... i have no idea where the 220 pounds come from ? iwould gather that is a different fine as it as a different account number but i canlt eell for sure i have only received 4 letters from them with all ,three with the same account number and the earlier one with a different one.

as far as now i was paying ,my original fine of 100 pounds . i still have to see a distress warrant by the way , i have not yet been contacted by a bailiff whatsoever...

for the fine of 220 pounds i have no order to pay for it whatsoever nothing at all. i already rang them up to askif they can send me some copy of the order they say yes but nothing turn up.

I would write to them - special delivery - requesting a copy of the order for payment.

did you ever recieve a court claim for the second account?

as long as you are repaying the first fine (£100) according to the court order, you should be all right.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.