• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Rbos, Aic And Capquest

gilli2008
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all on the forum

Heres my story

Approx 10 years ago I had a Royal Bank of Scotland account and a £10000 loan, I fell into financial difficulty with the account becoming overdrawn and the loan payments falling into arrears, I also had other debts at this time so the letters were pouring in from the DCA's.

The DCA instructed to collect this particular account was Allied International Credit and the amount they said I owed to the RBOS was around £21000 as they have lumped both bank account and loan together, I disputed this as I was only overdrawn by £900 on my bank account and had made payments on the loan before I defaulted, they never listened and continued to threaten me with court etc, I was worried sick with their threats and actually drawn in by them and commenced to pay them £70 a month for a while, then I stopped paying again due to finance problems and the phone calls came, I just ignored their number, and sent them payment when I could.

over the last few years i have just sent them £50 monthly missing some payments when I couldnt afford it, I really havent got a clue how much I have paid AIC but this has been going on since 1998

In November 2007 I received two letters from Capquest stating they had bought both the flat loan account and bank account from RBOS the loan being around £11739 and the bank account £182, now this to me seemed like more realistic figures compared with AIC as my balance with them was still in the regions of £19000 .

I have since paid off all my other debts and this is the last one remaining, I want to know exactly what I have paid back and exactly what I owe and to whom.

My situation now is that I am paying Capquest £70 a month and AIC are still hassling me for "Full Payment of approx £19000".

I have told AIC that Capquest are dealing but they refuse to listen and continue to ring me.

Two DCA's asking for the same debt and with different amounts owing???:|

Today I have sent CCA Requests to RBOS (Branch Address), AIC and Capquest, Have I done the right thing?? and should I continue to pay Capquest??

Any advice is much appreciated

Thanks in anticipation

Welcome to Cag

Were all the requests sent with £1 payment by signed for delivery?

Did you ask for a full statement of the account.

How have you been paying cheque/giro etc?

Usually it is the company demanding the money that I send them to. But the fact you have CCA'd any of them is the first step in finding out if they have the right to collect.

Good luck Cas

No idea how to make the title bold

Welcome to Cag

Were all the requests sent with £1 payment by signed for delivery?

Did you ask for a full statement of the account.

How have you been paying cheque/giro etc?

Usually it is the company demanding the money that I send them to. But the fact you have CCA'd any of them is the first step in finding out if they have the right to collect.

Good luck Cas

No idea how to make the title bold

Hi Cas

Yes i sent £1 cheques with each CCA, the cheques in my wifes name, I have sent them all recorded delivery and I have also sent AIC a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

Is it worth me still paying Capquest the £70 monthly or should I wait till they relply to my CCA request.

Thanks

12 + 2 days (working days ) after your request was sent will put them in default. If they haven't sent you a copy of an enforceable CCA by then you can stop payments.

Scan and post anything they send covering personal details to get an opinion.

If your nrxt payment is due before then I would put it to one side and only send it if they come up with a kosher CCA.

Cas

Next payment is due on 1st Feb, if I havent received an enforcable CCA by the end of Jan I will withold payment.

So if I dont recieve a CCA within the 42 days from either of the three mentioned are the debts unenforcable? what would be my next step?

Whoever is claiming money from you for an account covered by a consumer credit agreement (Loans and Credit Cards) are obliged to supply you with a copy of that agreement within 12+2 days if they fail to do so they are in default and should not continue to persue you for payment until they do so.

After a further month they commit an offence.

the 12 + 2 are working days so don't include sat sun or BH. If no CCA supplied you can stop paying if they continue to harrass you after a further month report them to trading standards.

Keep copies of everything you send and recieve along with all proof of postage and sighned for recipts from the Royal Mail tracking, I keep mine in the see through sleeves you can get and a 4 ring binder. The bigger the better.

Don't forget to post up any alleged agreement for opinions.

Cas

I just came across this on another thread

OFT guidelines

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

c. using more than one debt collection business at the same time

resulting in repetitive and/or frequent contact by different parties

d. not ensuring that an adequate history of the debt is passed on as

appropriate resulting in repetitive and/or frequent contact by different

parties

e. not informing the debtor when their case has been passed on to a

different debt collector

h. ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are

disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

Surley sections in red apply to me in this case, RBOS have never informed me who the debt has been sold/passed to plus the fact I have 2 DCA's chasing me for same debt and the figures dont match up:eek:

My CCA requests were delivered today according to the royal mail site so I'll wait the responses.

This morning I have checked my bank online and saw that the £1 cheque for CCA and £10 for S.A.R that I sent to AIC have been cashed.

I also receive this letter from Capquest....

capquestedit.jpg

So if RBOS say Capquest are dealing and Capquest need 28 days to find the CCA whats the chances of there being one?

I have paid loads of payments to AIC over the years but I am very suspicious that they have not been applied to my account.

I just want to know exactly how much I owe and what I have paid.

• 4 weeks later...

Have you had any updates since?

I have AIC chasing me for a £900 debt to NatWest that I tried to pay off - I told them I would only pay off what I owed and none of their silly wee charges - the guy threatened to come to my house so I told him hey I am on Argylle Street the now with some pals - why don't I come and see you and save you the trip??

He claimed that was a threat and he hung up on me - so its ok for him to come to my house - thats not a threat - but me going to him? Different kettle of fish - thats a threat - so I take it I am not even allowed to be on the same street for fear of intimidating the intimidater...

I'll bet the guy at the other end of the phone was a scrawny wee maggot who was bullied at school and this is the only way he can get his kicks now...

I just can't believe that despite me offering to pay off my rightful debt, they won't let me - nor will they negotiate - so now what - Summary Cause action? The legal fees alone will cost them more - and the beauty of Scots Law is that if I make them an offer of the debt (known as a "tender") and they refuse, if the Sheriff finds that I truly owe them £900 which is already admitted but none of the fees over and above, THEY have to pay all costs!!

Bring it on AIC - lets see what you are made of!!

Hey guys, I have had dealings with this kiddon company before. Asking them for proof that they either own or are authorised to deal with this debt is always good for a laugh. Ask them for a letter of assignment from RBS giving them your details etc to chase, bet they won't have it or get V sniffy. This company generally don't have a clue what they're doing and just rely on bullying money from folk.

Good luck with them loL!

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

• 3 weeks later...

Well a quick update, I havent heard a peep from capquest apart from one standard letter from HL Legal which i responded to with the relevent template.

I received my S.A.R back from AIC which said I had paid over £4000 over the last 10 years.

I recieved a S.A.R back from RBOS which was very sparse, no details of payments made just phone calls etc spanning only 2 years.

Now today i recived a card from a company called SMC (Secure Mail Services) saying they have an item requiring my signature, see this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/134589-strange-calling-card.html#post1420800

I have phoned SMS and told them to return to sender.

G2008

• 1 month later...